XLIV

It's my birthday and the dinner is tonight, which also means Athena's and Kay'Leighs birthdays is coming up as well.

I didn't tell her but my parents and Harry is flying down here to celebrate. I want her to be surprised. They all know that she is coming and even with her fiancé.

I have no clue if Athena is even gonna tell Trey about what happened.

Kay is currently sleeping but I'm going to wake her up to have breakfast.

I open the door to her room, "Wake up princess."

She does this little stretch that warms my heart, "Daddy I'm up!" She says once I start tickling her.

"What you want for breakfast?" I always ask.

"Pancakes!" She squeals in my ear and I wince.

"Happy birthday daddy. I love you." I smile. God she's growing up. She's warming up my heart.

"Thank you babygirl I love you too." I go downstairs and go straight towards the kitchen.

I decide it would be best to make them from scratch. I love some good homemade chocolate chip pancakes.

I grab my phone and see I have some messages.

The first one being from Athena. A: Happy birthday you old man. Joking but I do have a surprise for you. From all the love have a great day. Also I know you're cooking homemade pancakes, don't burn down the house.

I laugh wow she has no faith in me. Kidding that's my girl and will always be.

I sent a text back, K: Thank you darling. You didn't have to get me anything but I appreciate it so much. And you know I won't burn down the damn house our daughter is safe.

Athena will always bring the kid out in me, that's just how I am with her.

Her ass really called me old. Oh I got something for her.

A: Shut up I had to repay you, our daughter will always be safe with you.

I miss her, everything about her.

"What are you smiling about daddy." I turn around startled in a way. Damn she's quiet coming down those stairs.

She's standing on the last step with her hands crossed. Just like her mother!

"Nothing baby." She is smart so she might catch on.

"It has to do with mommy." I nod my head yes not saying anything.

She probably has picked up on things I say and do with Athena.

She smiles but doesn't say anything I mean typical.

Once I'm finished with our food I take her to the kitchen where her high chair is.

In the meantime I get a call from my mother.

"Hey mom." I greet her in a cheerful tone. She kinda hates when I don't.

"Happy birthday sweetie. We will be in a hotel around 3. Can't wait to see everyone."

"Thank you mom, is Gillian flying down as well?" I have to see my brother.

"Yes he is, he will get in around 5 or so."

Hell yes.

"Okay mom listen me and Kay are eating breakfast so I got to go. Thank you for the birthday wishes and can't wait to see you. I love you."

"Of course. I love you too and see y'all soon." We bid our goodbyes and hang up.

"Is that grandma?" In Kay's cute voice she asks.