V

As I'm sitting in my chair at the office i think back to Athena McCoy. The beautiful woman who's the photographer mom hired.

I know how amazing her work is. No i don't stalk her. What kind of person would i be then?

I have seen her work ability and her amazing skills.

I've had the pleasure of growing up being smart and very intelligent. I started running this company at 17. Fully taking this out of my father's hands it became my own.

My parents wanted me to do something that would better the family. At first i was annoyed i couldn't do anything else but, i finally understand where they're coming from. I'm smart, i don't brag about it but everyone knows.

Me owning a business made me realize how much of a person i am. How much independence i have. Freedom even.

"Hey man what are you doing?" My best friend, Harry busted into my office with no fair warning.

I sit there twirling my pen concentrating i replied, "Nothing what do you want."

"We should go out to the club tonight." I rolled my eyes. He's always wanting to go out every night.

"No." I shrug. Not wanting to do anything but go to sleep. He sits down in the chair next to my desk.

"And why is that?" He questions.

I shrug really not having a reason but I'm sure as hell going to make up one. "I just don't feel like going tonight. What's wrong with that." I question him as i clicked my pen.

He looked at me for a few seconds. Studying my every move. Studying the way i am. Wondering why I'm acting like this.

"Okay." His voice goes up an octave knowing that he really wants to keep asking me.

Harry knows me like a book. He's known me for long enough to know every emotion i feel or the looks on my face. He reads me without me even saying anything. Things like that i used to hate but i don't now.

He loves using certain things against me.

"Okay so are you here for anything else or are you going to leave." I mumbled.

He puts his hands up in surrender, "Okay okay I'll leave. Have fun with your little girlfriend." He gets up and leaves closing the door before i have time to register what he says.

I don't have a– i never will.

I don't do relationship or love. I never did. I've had plenty of one night stands but never a relationship for myself.

Why bother, their going to leave you one day so i might as well save me the heartbreak now then later.

One night stands are enough for me. I get s release I'm looking for they also get one. Why make things more complicated?
______________

Hours later i finished all my meetings and paperwork for today. I get up out of my chair and gather my things. I close up my office and make sure it's locked.

I say bye to the receptionist and leave the building.

Going to the valet, they get my car and i drive off going home.

I think back to Harry's offer for the club. I could use a few drinks and maybe a one night stand. Fuck it. I thought to myself.

I swerve around and head towards the direction of Blitz, the club we always go to.

My mind once again goes back to Athena. What's going on? Why do i have her on my mind?

Her personality screams sophisticated. How she holds herself up, she's a powerful person just looking at her.

She's a person i would absolutely love to be friends with.

I park my car and enter inside. The bouncers already know me and know to have a VIP room ready for me whenever i come.

I go to the VIP room and see Harry along with Paul and my brother Gillian. I walk over towards them and order my usual, a glass of scotch on the rocks. A classic but i love it.

I sit down, "So nice of you to actually join us." The voice belongs to Harry.

I take a sit and let it chisel down my throat. "Well i needed alcohol so here i am." I raise my glass up a little.

We conversate a little and i get up to leave. "Where are you going brother." Gillian groaned. I rolled my eyes like I'm actually leaving.

"Getting another drink." I walk out the room and head towards the bar.

Sitting on the stool i call over the bartender Andy. Me and him have been good friends for years.

"Your usual." He asks.

I shake my head, "No get me a bourbon." He nods and fixes my glass.

Someone sits next to me and i feel their eyes on me. I'm not turning around.

He hands me my drink and i take a gulp letting it burn down my throat again.

"Is bourbon your favorite." A voice so familiar says to me. Is isn't until then i turn towards the person to stare in shock.

Athena!

It looks like she's shocked to.

"Well Athena, why are you here?" I question taking a bigger sip of my drink.

"Because i came here to have a fun time and hook up with someone. Also sorry i didn't realize it was you." She says.

"No worries." I said. Having her say she wanted to hook up with a stranger does something to me. Makes me angry but why?

Why am I angry?

Finishing my drink i get up, "Have a good night Athena." I trialed out her name.

This is where i trail my eyes over her outfit. A simple red sparkle dress but she looks amazing in it.

I snap out of my trace when she clears her throat. I take a step back.

"Have a good night also Kyle." I nod and leave.

As I'm walking away i feel a stare on my back, not that I'm complaining. Telling the guys I'm leaving i bid my goodbyes and leave the club.

Getting in my car and heading home to sort out my thoughts.