XXII

Kyle takes me to this fancy steakhouse restaurant that he also owns, when I found that out I was shocked because it's one of my favorites. We sit in the back private area that he reserved for us. I feel on cloud 9, feel special. I know we have a lot to work through and I need to gain his trust back so imma do whatever I can.

As we sit and order we start a light conversation just making small talk, that's what I like about him is that I can talk about anything with him and never feel bored or forcing the conversation, that's what I like.

"I've realized that I don't know a lot about you." Kyle starts and I nod, "So what are your parents like and do you have any siblings?" He asks and I smile knowing the relationship I have with them.

"My parents are amazing. My mom and dad has been married for 26 years and still going strong. My relationship with them is amazing literally the best. I have a brother who is younger than me his name is Jaylan and we have the best brother and sister relationship." I shrug with a smile.

"What else did you want to know about me?" I question loving how he wants to get to know me better.

"Favorite color?" I laugh.

"Mint green. You?" I question him.

"Red." I roll my eyes and he laughs. I love this.

Our food comes and we're in silence just enjoying our food.

"What made you become a photographer?" He asks me.

I chew, "Growing up I had a love for nature and wanting to photograph it was something I loved to do. So when I got into college I knew that my major was going to be photography. It's still something I love to do." He nods and smiles at my enthusiasm.

"You do realize that you're one of the most famous and most paid photographers in the world basically." I shrug. I never found it a real big deal.

"Yea I know but I don't brag about it nor do I really think it's a big deal." He nods.

"So if your exs ever want you back and they know we together, they better not throw the gold digger part in or I'll beat they asses." I whisper the last part but he still heard me.

Kyle laughs, his Adam's apple bobbling up and down making me swallow hard. "I hope not." He winks.

I roll my eyes, "Ready to get out of here, we can go back to mine." I nod my head he pays and we both leave a tip.

We walk out the restaurant hand in hand, knowing this is a great start for us again. I just hope he doesn't regret anything.

While he drives us back to his place, he puts his hand on my thigh. It makes me feel hot all over. My body is aching for his touch. I want him in more ways than one.

I try and not let it be keen that I want him, I know probably he won't have sex with me but I want him to. I want to feel him completely. Honestly it's best if we just talk and not have sex tonight.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyle questions glances at me while he parks his car in the driveway.

"You." I shrug.

He raised his eyebrows, "Me? Why me?"

I shrug and smile a little, "Just tryna figure out where we stand as of now I guess." I see him nod.

"Let's go in and we can talk some more if you want."

We walk hand and hand towards his front door, this is the third time I've been here. I love his place, it's got a dark vibe towards it with all the black interior.

I take off my heels, knowing my feet hurt like a bitch.

"Do you want a pair of shorts and a shirt?" He questions and I nod. We both go up into his room.

His room smells exactly like him, I guess his cologne overpowered everything.

He really loves black interior. Kyle gives me a pair of grey shorts and a black shirt. I go change in his bathroom while he changes in his room.

I mean it's not like we haven't seen each other naked but I need to respect that we're not on the terms we was on.

Once finished we go back downstairs, on the couch and talk everything out.

"Okay, I know things are going to take time to go back to where we were but do you think we'll go back to normal before I betrayed your trust." I ask feeling intimidated.

He stares at me intensely, making me feel more intimidated than ever. "I do believe we can, I guess I have to give you more credit and do better on my part. But yes I'm sure we can go back to where we were." After he said that I relaxed more.

All I do is nod because I don't know what to say.

"Also what about this long distance thing?" I question, only thinking about the worst.

He looks at me, "Well I don't know if you want to keep doing what we have been or I can just possibly see if I can move down here in Atlanta with you."

I stare at him like he's crazy, "Wait what?" I question shocked trying to get him to say it again.

"Don't make me repeat myself," I roll my eyes at him. "I can move down here completely if that's what you want."

I shake my head, "What about what you want. Will you even be happy moving from Jersey to here. Why would you do that?" I question rapidly.

Kyle chuckles and I smack his arm. "Ow," I roll my eyes again. "To answer your questions this is what I want, I want you completely and if moving down here is going to be good for the both of us then why not. Yes I will be happy because I have you standing right by my side. I am suggesting this and going along with this because I love you and I want us to start a future together."

I stare at him not saying a word, "Did that answer all your questions?"

I lean in and kiss him hard, full of passion and lust.

"God I love you so much." He laughs.

"I love you too beautiful." I smile as we kiss once again.