XXIII

A month later

About a week ago, I finally got to move all my things from my house in Trenton to my penthouse in Atlanta to be with Athena now. I didn't exactly tell her that I was going to be moving my things but I wanted it to be a surprise to her.

She'll be happy. I know it.

We've been together for almost a year and I plan on doing something really special for her, maybe not propose to her yet but something nice and romantic.

I'm currently back in New Jersey in my office just to finish some paperwork and other things here. Yes my parents know I'm moving to Atlanta to be with Athena and they support the idea.

I've also brought Athena out here for a use of vacation to show her more and we had a dinner with my parents.

Let me say my mom loves her, it made my heart swell seeing my family get along and love her.

I'm brought back into reality when Harry comes into my office.

I give him a glare but let's face it, it doesn't work on him.

"Hey what are you doing here? I thought you was in Atlanta for good." He asks me as he plops down in the chair.

"I am still moving to Atlanta I just needed to come here and finish some paperwork and to tell you some things."

I'm actually giving Harry the share to own this company, for it to become his.

"Well you see since I'm moving and have a lot of businesses in Atlanta I feel the need to give you full ownership of this company here. You're a great aspect to run this and I feel like you'll do phenomenal." I smiled at his shocked face.

"What?" He questions. I nod my head.

"Yes man this company is officially yours once I get this paperwork done and you sign it. After that it belongs to you and I know you'll run it smoothly."

"Wow I'm shocked, thank you Kyle for real. This is the one time I'm speechless." I laugh.

"Well don't be speechless for long, you'll have to give orders by tomorrow." I know he'll run it smoothly and he's one of my best friends so I trust him completely.

"Thank you Kyle for everything." I nod and we give a best bro hug. He leaves and I get a phone call from the love of my life.

"Hey baby." I say once I answer it.

"Hey babe, I miss you."

I smile like a high school boy. "I miss you too baby. I should be back by tomorrow night."

"Okay can't wait to see you and what's going to happen to your company."

"Well babe I'm giving it to Harry, since he's the one I trust the most here to run it and take ownership of it."

"Wow I bet he's excited and happy."

I laugh, "He was very shocked but I know he's happy."

"Well that's good." I hear some yelling going on which makes me wonder where she's at.

"Listen I have to go, Tori is throwing at fit but I love you and I'll see you soon."

I smile. "I love you too."

She hangs up the phone and I'm smiling like a school boy. That's what she does to me and I'm not planning on hiding it.

I get to thinking about the things I want to set up for her, I want it to be so romantic but not cliché.
___________

After my phone call with Kyle, I go find Tori who's in the back of her store.

"Why are you doing all that yelling." I guess I startled her because she jumps.

"What the hell is wrong with you." She says and I start laughing. I love doing that to her.

"Sorry, so why was you yelling again?" I give her all the attitude.

"My life is falling apart." Tori sighs dramatically.

"What happened now." I sit down knowing this is bout to be a long story.

"The guy I was seeing doesn't want to see me anymore. His bullshit excuse is 'focusing on my job more than a relationship or no strings attached sex' like what... and his job is a damn fast food restaurant. He could've came up with a better excuse than that." I roll my eyes.

"Well seems like your life is falling apart." I laugh and she hits me on the back of my head. "Ow!"

"Desire I'm serious what do I do?" She questioned using my middle name so I know it's very serious.

"What you do is take from this experience and focus on your job and then see if it can work with another guy. Take it one step at a time babe. You'll find someone who's perfect for you." I tell her sincerely.

"Well thank you for your kind words now I need to get back to work so go back home." I laugh and tell her bye.

I love our friendship, she's more of a sister to me than anything. She's everything to me.

Since Kyle is still in Jersey and I'm already home I decided to take me a nice nap since there is nothing else to do. I lay down in my bed and close my eyes, finding myself drift off.
__________
I decided to fly back earlier than what I was supposed to, I wanted to surprise her. I'm also surprised myself that she gave me a key to her house but I did too.

Me and Athena had came a long way to be honest she's my whole world and I wouldn't trade how we met either.

Once my plane lands I call my driver to get my Mercedes so I can go home.

He drives me back to my place while I put my bags away. I thank him and tell him he can go home.

"See you tomorrow sir." He says.

I nod,"Have a nice night Anderson."

Once I put everything away I drive back to Athena's wondering what she's up to.

I park my car in her driveway. It looks dark in her house so I use the key wondering if she's sleep.

Once I'm inside I head towards her room, noticing it's quiet.

I smile once I see that she is in fact sleep. She looks so peaceful.

I quietly walk over towards her.

"Babe it's me." She looks up still half sleep.

"Kyle." She says groggily. I chuckle.

"Yes babe I'm back."

I see her smile and hugs me tight.

This is what I was missing, the love.

I will marry Athena Desire McCoy!