Chapter 36 : Final.

Jihyun P.O.V

The moment that I landed in Seoul, I took a cab to Seoul Bank. Since Namjoon made such a huge deal about this bank account, I decided to withdraw every dime and use it toward a new condo. If there was enough for that, anyway.

"Thank you for calling ahead of your arrival, Miss Kim

"Thank you for calling ahead of your arrival, Miss Kim. We're still getting things together, but we'll be handling this in my office." The bank manager extended his hand when I stepped through the doors.
"Sounds perfect." I followed him into a large room where other suits were waiting. He motioned for me to take a seat.
"Just to confirm, a few years ago, Mr. Kim transformed this account into a money market. Then he started a new one in your name and invested almost all of it into Cinder's shares. Does that sound correct?" he asked but he never told me that.
"Sure." I nodded.

"Okay, well—" He cleared his throat, "I recommend getting a few cashier's checks, but I'll happily dole your funds out however you like. How do you want it done?"

"Cash, please. All hundreds." I set my bag on his desk.
"Do you have other bags on their way here?" He picked up the bag and looked inside of it.
"No. That's it." I shrugged. He looked over at his associate, then back at me.
"Miss Kim," he said, slowly sliding the reading glasses off his face, "How much money do you think is in your account?"
"Fifty thousand, give or take."

"If it was fifty thousand, I wouldn't have met you at the door, and you would've been out of here minutes ago. This is seven million dollars." He leaned forward. My jaw dropped to the floor, and I felt all the color leaving my face, "Like I was saying." He looked at me, "How do you want it done?"

"Cashier's checks. But just for um, 10% of it." I could barely hear my voice.
"I thought so. I'll be right back, Miss Kim." He stood to his feet. I leaned back in my chair, beyond stunned. I pulled out my phone to unmute Namjoon and send him an appreciative message, but he'd texted me already. Several hours ago.

Namjoon: I love you, Hyun ... I hope someday you'll see where I was coming from. Even though I couldn't physically be there, every match I ever fought was for you.

***

"It took me all this Time to realize that everything I'd done with Cinder, every move I'd ever made, was because I was in love with my best friend, and I didn't want her to be with anyone else..."

"I was willing to lie, cheat, and steal, to get back at the man who I thought had taken her away from me."