Chapter 35 : Lover-boy.

⚜️ BACK TO PRESENT ⚜️

Jimin P.O.V

My letter in The New Yorker stopped the internet at 9:30 in the morning. For 20 minutes, the tech world held its breath while they read my words, and then they collectively gasped in shock.
Thousands of emails flooded my inbox, and few hashtag made their way to the top of Twitter's trending charts.

#ParkJiminisOverParty
#ParkJiminstole
#TindermadeCinder
#LoverboyJimin
#CrazyforJimin
#JIMINstolinghearts

As morning news shows caught wind of the story, I turned off my phone and told Jennie to avoid making any statements on my behalf. I knew that more intensive backlash was coming, but I wanted to step off facing it directly for as long as I could. There was only one person I wanted to reach anyway.

I sent out a company-wide memo, telling everyone to enjoy the rest of the week off, and then I brewed myself a cup of coffee. It was almost Time for me to begin stage two of getting Jihyun back. As I was looking over my list, a loud knock sounded at my door. I didn't bother calling out to ask who it was. The people who were worth my Time had keys.

The lock twisted, and the tell-tale sound of loafers hit the marble floor

Yoongi.

"I love what you've done with the place

"I love what you've done with the place. All of these empty pizza boxes, takeout Chinese cartons, and beer cans add a true depressive flair to the room." he said.
"Thank you. That's exactly the feel I was going for."
"Hmmm." He stepped on an empty wrapper, and I turned around to face him.
"Let me guess, You're here because all of the board members are resigning, and they want to see my head on a platter." I said.
"Quite the contrary. I'm the only person who wants your head on a platter, preferably a stone one, so I can crush it with a mallet. Everyone else at Cinder is beyond thrilled with you. They're planning a celebration in your honor." He crossed his arms.
What? "Why?"

"Because ever since you published that ridiculously, ill-advised lover-boy letter, our subscribers have increased by three hundred percent and our stocks are approaching record highs." A light smile on his face. He sounded anything but upset, "I figured you were biding your Time and preparing one hell of a gloating session, so let me have it."