Chapter 17 : What's. Your Favorite. Position.?

Jimin P.O.V

<------->

Subject: For Jimin

Hey Jennie.

Jimin's phone is going to voicemail again, and he hasn't "read" my text. Can you tell him that I'll need a raincheck on Bongsan House tonight?

P.S.~ Can you also tell him that I'll need some advice on what to wear for a hotel's groundbreaking ceremony?

-Jihyun.

<------->

SUBJECT: Missed Your Call.

Sorry ☹️.

I forgot to text you in the heat of the moment. Jackson showed up and took me on a drive across the Han River.
Also, I was knocked out last night, so that's why I missed your call.

-Jihyun.

P.S.~ I still need your thoughts on the Bahamas trip. Yay? Nay? Wait?

<------->

SUBJECT: ???!!

Hey.

Are you getting any of my texts lately? All of them are still "on read."
Also, we finally got past the sweet kissing and dry-humped on his couch. It was pretty hot for dry humping 🙈.
Anyway, I'll need a raincheck on Bongsan House this Thursday, too. I'll tell you about it later.

- Hyun.

P.S.~ No, really. Is your phone broken or something?

<------->

SUBJECT: Raincheck Requests in Advance.

Should I just assume that every day this week will have a raincheck request? It would seriously save me unnecessary conversations with my boss.

Thank you.
- Jennie.

P.S.~ His phone is definitely not broken.

<------->

***

Few days later.

There was no raincheck today. No request for an extension, only an "I'm running late" text which was the first thing that felt normal in weeks.

According to Yoongi, my personal brand was looking better and better by the day, and he hadn't felt the need to double his blood pressure medicine.
His daily, "So proud of you son!" text messages and emails were supposed to be encouraging, but they were simply a result of me working as hard as I could to not think about Jihyun.

I was hoping that our lunch at Bongsan house today would bring her back into my orbit, and our lives could align as they did before. Before Jackson.

I sat in the back booth and sipped my water.