Chapter 27 : Opportunity.

Jihyun P.O.V

It took me fifteen orgasms to realize that I needed to do some real work before I spent the rest of my life in bed with Jimin. While he stepped into my shower, I slipped away to the ice rink and found an envelope from South Korea Figure Skating waiting on my desk. I'd been staring at it for over an hour now, brewing fresh cups of coffee while wondering what was inside.

 I'd been staring at it for over an hour now, brewing fresh cups of coffee while wondering what was inside

"Open it already, I need to know if it's my biggest fear come true." Areum said
"Why would the figure skating association send me a letter about you?"
"I don't know, but I sometimes have nightmares that they're going to give you this grand award with a special, over the top ceremony for being the best skater in the sport."
"Glad you can finally admit that I was the best. Took you long enough." I smiled.
"I didn't mean it. Open it, will you?" She eyed the envelope.

I picked up a pen and sliced the top, pulling out a bright white sheet.

I dropped the paper to the floor, and Areum quickly picked it up to read

I dropped the paper to the floor, and Areum quickly picked it up to read. Her eyes widened with every word, and she let out a breath once she reached the end.

"Wow, you're totally doing this, right?" she said.
"I need to think about it."
"Why? This cements your legacy and gets you bragging rights forever, especially since Katie Folds will definitely get on that podium."She crossed her arms.
"Exactly. If the rule change is permanent, I'd rather coach someone I really helped to get there. It would mean more." I sipped the coffee.

She stepped closer and pressed her hand against my neck. "You know, I was about to check for a pulse, to make sure you're alive, but—" Her lips curved into a smile. "There are red marks all over your neck, so I think this is the post-gala sex with Jackson talking. We can discuss what day you're calling to accept their offer later." She plopped down on a chair. "Give me all the dirty details with Jackson, full play by play."

"I didn't have sex with Jackson."
"Ugh, come on. That's how you want to play this?" She crossed her arms.
"It's true, I mean, I did have sex." I said. "Clearly."
"It wasn't with him, though."
"You met some other guy that night? Who?" She gasped.