Flashback 4

💔 Breakup #7 💔

Jihyun P.O.V

THE ONE THAT MADE ORIGAMI
OR
• THE ONE WHO IS GAY •

Sochi, Russia.

"What do you mean, you can't be there for me? I'm about to skate in the Olympics, Tomorrow." I stare at Namjoon's face on my phone, hoping that this is some type of sick joke.

" I stare at Namjoon's face on my phone, hoping that this is some type of sick joke

"I know, but I was there when you skated in other competitions. I'm sure you'll win gold. You came at first placed all year." he says.
"Namjoon.....If you're playing a joke, now would be the time to say the punchline." Tears stared to form in my eyes.

"Listen to me, Hyun." He moves his head closer to the screen. "I got a call from 'Pocari Sweat' earlier this week, with a six-figure sponsorship offer. They said the deal was mine if I made it to their headquarters and signed off on everything ASAP. Six figures, Hyun. Isn't that amazing?" he says and I say nothing.

I'm having a sudden feel of déjà vu from when he missed The Grand Prix in Chicago because of a last minute match opportunity. Or, maybe it's from when he missed the invitational in Los Angeles, when he couldn't bear to miss a meeting with the UFC commissioner because he "Had to make it clear that he's in this sport for the long haul."
It doesn't matter that I've given up sleep to stay up late to watch all of his matches, that I've skipped weekend's worth of practices to ride along with Jimin to attend his press conferences. His career is taking off, and since he's actually making money, his sport is the only one that matters.

"I just have to make sure that I beat Davis on the 15th. I'm sure that more sponsors will come knocking at my door after that one." His voice interrupts my thoughts. He smiles as if he's not stomping all over my heart. 'Pocari Sweat' is only the beginning for us, Hyun."
Us, really? "I'm sure 'Pocari Sweat' would've understood you wanting to be there for your younger sister."

"I am there for you." He narrows his eyes at me. "Last time I checked, I'm the one who buys you and your coach's plane tickets to wherever you need to be. I'm also paying for you to have the best physical therapy in the country, and the sponsorships you're getting....Oh, wait. Yours aren't at the same level, so someone else needs to take care. of you."
"You promised Namjoon." I said annoyingly.
"No, I considered." He lies. "And I'm done talking about this right now. I need you to suck this shit up. I'm doing the best I can, and if me not being there in the crowd affects your performance, then maybe"

I hang up on his face and shut my phone, preventing him from calling me back with an "I'm sorry, Hyun. You know I'm more logical than emotional. I'm so sorry.... Blah blah blah.." I don't want to hear his apology this time; I need to talk to someone who actually gives a damn.