Chapter 24 : You're all mine now.

Jihyun P.O.V

I ran out of the building and into the rain, rushing toward the first available town car. The sign in the rear window read, Designated Driver: Paid for by Mr. Park, and a valet quickly walked over and opened the backdoor.

"Have a safe night, Miss." He shut it once I climbed inside.
"Where to?" The driver asked.
"555 Avenue complex. As fast as you can, please."
"Will do."

His eyes met mine in the rearview mirror as he pulled onto the street, but he didn't strike up a conversation. Instead, he turned on the radio, letting the songs complement the rain's steady thumps.

🎶

{ Make it right by BTS ft. Lauv}

I could make it better
I could hold you tighter
Cause through the morning
Oh you're the light
And I almost lost ya
But I can't forget ya
Cause you were the reason that I survived

You were there for me through all the times I cried
I was there for you but then I lost my mind
I know that I messed up but I promise I
Oh oh, I can make it right

All right
All right
Oh oh, I can make it right.

🎶

As the lyrics flow, I got the urge to tell the driver to turn the radio down. But for some reason the lyrics ease me. So I let it play. Holding back tears, I leaned against the seat and tried to process whatever the hell had happened between Jimin and me in that bathroom. My heart pounded an unfamiliar rhythm with every instant replay, and my lips felt pleasurably sore from how hard he'd kissed me. How hard he fucked me. And the truth he unravel is reapting.

"Jackson isn't who he you think he is."......"He's been cheating on you this entire time."....... "That's where the fuck I've been. Looking out for you."

I knew he'd never lie to me, but those words still hurt to hear. And I couldn't believe he'd waited more than a single day to tell me the truth.

"You wouldn't have believed me."

My phone vibrated against my thigh as the car coasted through roads, but I ignored it. It wasn't until I was halfway home that I forced myself to face its screen and change Jimin's name for the umpteenth time.

Jimin: [img.] [img.] [img.] [img.] [img.]

I opened the images one by one, feeling my stomach tighten and twist with each stolen glimpse of Jackson's other lives

I opened the images one by one, feeling my stomach tighten and twist with each stolen glimpse of Jackson's other lives. He kissed a dark haired near a glass wall, hugged a brunette in the corner booth of a crepe cafe, and laughed with a pretty redhead over confetti-speckled ice cream parlor.