Chapter 7 : 5th day wait

Jimin P.O.V

Loud voices blared from the television in my living room, cutting through the soft streams of my shower

I cursed myself for not unplugging it from the wall the night before. My pictures were still the talk of the gossip world, but they'd done little to put an end to any of my other issues in the business region. Those were somehow getting worse.

Now, on top of being a "Ruthless liar" and a "Reckless playboy with Daddy issues," I was now a thief. A "Thief with a big dick [we'd] love to fuck" according to Cosmo.

Groaning, I stepped outside my shower and wrapped a towel around my waist before walking down the hall

Groaning, I stepped outside my shower and wrapped a towel around my waist before walking down the hall. I grabbed the remote right as Tim, the CEO of Tinder, took his seat across from a morning anchor.
He still looked as smug as he did years ago, when he first accused me of stealing his damn idea. As if "Swipe right for yes and Swipe left for no." was some type of groundbreaking concept. It was a pure coincidence that we'd come up with it at the same time, and that was the only similarity between our apps. His app had 20 million world-wide subscribers. My app had 100 million. Case closed.

"Thank you for coming here to discuss your competitor Park Jimin this morning. I understand that the two of you have been engaged in a bitter conflict for years." the anchor said.

"Not necessarily. I've been desperately trying to prove that he's a fraud and a liar, but I'm glad that so many people are finally starting to see how reckless he once was." He smiled.
"Once was? Does that mean you think he's changed over the years?" she asked.
"Ha! No." He rolled his eyes. "He's even more of a conniving asshole than he was before."

I crossed my arms. He looked saner today than he usually did, but I knew it was only a matter of time before he veered into psycho territory. He'd been in a skiing accident not too long after founding Tinder, and some parts of his brain were still on the slopes.

"If you could offer any advice, CEO to CEO. What would you say to him?" the anchor said.
"I would say that he should lawyer up for one hell of a fight." His eyes went wide, nearly bulging out of his skull. "He should also admit that he kidnapped my dog in the past."
"He what, sir?"
"He stole my dog." He looked like he was about to cry. "I don't know why you people don't believe me. I can't remember everything exactly, but he's a dog thief, too. Never trust a dog thief."

And there it is........
I picked up the remote and turned off the TV.

Before I could send a message to my lawyer, Yoongi's email crossed my screen.

<------->

SUBJECT: No Jihyun Today. Whatsoever.

The universe has gifted us with another meltdown from the Head Loon at Tinder. Your lawyer, Andrew Hamilton, wants you to focus on writing one hell of a compelling letter to the judge about why his latest claims against you are bullshit.

After that, I need you to get to work on those damn apology letters so we can take advantage of this timing. If Jihyun calls or texts you, please don't answer her until you're finished.

Thank you in advance.
Yoongi.

<------->

I SMILED, immediately disregarding his request.

SUBJECT: Fwd: No Jihyun Today. Whatsoever.

If you need me, email me at my alternate account. As you can see, Yoongi doesn't want me to talk to you today. Start a new thread and send it to my second phone.
Tell me what you're up to ...

- PJM.

<------->

SUBJECT: Jackson (Does Yoongi hate me?)

I'm currently waiting for a bird signal from you know who. He still hasn't called or texted because he doesn't have my number. (*_*)

I'm also watching two new clients bust their ass on the ice. One of them just turned to me and said, "What the hell would you know about completing a double lutz?" UGH!

-Hyun.

P.S. ~ I opened your letter list this morning. You honestly want me to help you with all 1000? How the hell have you pissed off this many people???

<------->

SUBJECT: Re: Jackson (Does Yoongi hate Me?)

It's been 5 days, Hyun.
5. DAYS.

Be patient and do something else with your time. Have you picked out what you're wearing to his party yet? (He'll find you sooner or later.)

- PJM.

P.S. ~ 2000 letters, actually. I was a very bad boy when we weren't talking apparently 😅.

P.S.S. ~ Yoongi does hate you, but he hates everyone else, too.

<------->

SUBJECT: Re: Re: Re: Jackson (Does Yoongi hate me?)

I looked Jackson up and found out that he made the Forbes 500 List last year. He's listed at #301. Impressive as hell, right?

Areum offered to let me borrow one of her designer dresses. (I told you that her mom was a former supermodel, right?)
(It's midnight, so that means it's been 5 and a half days now. The party is in 3 days!)

-Hyun.

<------->

SUBJECT: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jackson (Does Yoongi hate me?)

I guess that's "impressive as hell," if your best friend wasn't already listed at #1.

(He will, Hyun. Trust me. Have I ever been wrong?)

- PJM.

<------->