Flashback 1 : Continue.

Jimin P.O.V

Joon : Hey, I'm sure that you're probably somewhere getting your cock sucked right now, but can you give me an update on JiHyun? It's been 5 days.

Joon : Did you deliver the training check to her coach yet? That three grand is still sitting in my account.

Joon : WTF? Answer me, Jimin. I'm only trying to check in on my goddamn sister. I'm doing all I can to make sure she's cared for.

If you care so damn much, you need to come back home. I clench my jaw as I read over Namjoon's latest text messages.

It's only been 6 months since he traded in the cold rains of Seoul for the sweltering summers of Las Vegas, but with each demanding text he sends, it feels more like a decade.

The morning after his parents' joint funeral, he placed a UFC Looking to Expand its Sport news clipping on my coffee table, along with a list titled, "Things You Need to Help JinHyun (hyuniii) with While I'm Gone." With no emotion whatsoever, he said, "I need to focus all of my energy on taking care of Jinhyun now. I'm trying my shot at MMA fighting and I'll send as much money as I can back home. You can still work on your dating app and help me with her from afar, right?"

He didn't wait for a response. He picked up a duffle bag, drove home to break the news to his sister, and I haven't seen him since.

In his absence, I've found myself thrust into the world of competitive figure skating, and I honestly preferred the days when I never knew it existed. The days when I didn't have to wake up at the ass-crack of dawn and shuttle Jinhyun to and from dozens of practices, when the phrases "triple toe loop" or "double axel" weren't things I understood, and when the only ice-skating competition I'd ever watched was on television via the Olympics.

I'm sick of this shit.

Rolling out of bed, make sure not to wake the woman next to me. Our one night stand. Along with her name, is long forgotten, but I'm not the type of guy who will ever let her know. I uncap a marker and write, "Thx for a good time.Had fun," on the back of a burger wrapper before setting it on her nightstand. Then I walk around the mattress to pick up my clothes. After pulling on my T-shirt, I quietly grab my keys and put on my shoes. I double-check to make sure that I'm not leaving anything behind and head outside to my car.

Speeding across town, I pull into the driveway of Namjoon's house to "make sure Jinhyun's cared for

Speeding across town, I pull into the driveway of Namjoon's house to "make sure Jinhyun's cared for." The porch lamps burn brightly, but there's no glare from Jinhyun's bedroom television like usual.

Confused, I take out my phone and send her a text.

Me: Hey. Can you flash the lights upstairs or turn on your TV so I can confirm that you're alive? Your brother wants to be sure that you're alright.