Chapter 33 : Sibling talk and test.

Start from the beginning

"I have to vomit," I said, rushing to the bathroom. She followed and held my hair back just in time.

"Hold on, let me get some tissue

"Hold on, let me get some tissue."
"Ewww! There's vomit in this other toilet already. Whatever food is being served here, don't you dare offer it to me." She scoffed.
"Sorry, I forgot to flush that one an hour ago. That's how upset I am. I've been crying every day." I said.
"Have you been vomiting like this every day, too?"
"Yeah. I've never been like this after a break up before. This is so beyond awful that I don't think I'll ever get over him." I took the tissue from her.
"I bet. I don't think everything you're feeling is due to the breakup, though." She leaned against the wall.
"What do you mean?"

"I think we need to get you a pregnancy test ... "

***

Namjoon: Since you want to avoid my phone calls, I'm in town. Meet me for lunch. Now.

Me: Where? And what's this about?

Namjoon: Bon appetite 43, woodland.

Namjoon: You know what the fuck this is about.

I stepped into the café and took off my hat, stopping when I saw that all the shades in the room were drawn shut. The tables sat untouched and clear of silverware, and a brunette stood alone at the hostess stand.

"Good afternoon, Miss Kim. Thank you for choosing Bon appetite 43 tonight. Can I show you to your reserved table?" she said.
"Sure." I followed her to a booth at the back of the room.

Over the years, I'd come to know this 'reserved table' routine very well

Over the years, I'd come to know this 'reserved table' routine very well. Whenever Namjoon wanted to criticize me for something, the idea of a public meeting was out of the question, so he made it look like he'd considered the idea. This was how he'd always handled being a big brother, and I had no choice but to submit. His way or no way. I flipped through the pink plastic menu and ordered a stack of pancakes and a coffee. Then, just like clockwork, Namjoon walked through the door alone. He handed the manager a clip of bills and made his way toward me.