The Proposal

Taehyung was mindlessly swiping through all the programs on Netflix, bored out of his mind just looking at the door from time to time, waiting for his Kookie to come home when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and a smile appeared on his face.

"What's up midget?"

"Tae.."

"Jimin what happened, what's wrong? Please tell me." Taehyung asked, getting worried as Jimin didn't get angry as usual when he called him midget and he could hear Jimin's worry through his voice. His first thought was "Is Kookie alright"

"Tae, don't panic and listen to me calmly." Jimin said knowing how his friend gets in situations like these.

"Jimin just tell me. Is Kookie alright?" Taehyung asked, getting impatient.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. So what happened was..." Jimin went on to explain everything that happened in the college with Jungkook and Jenny and then what happened in the Principal's office. By the time he finished talking Taehyung's fists had gone white due to him clutching the phone so hard.

"Tae, the reason why I'm telling you all this is because Kookie seemed kind of lost. We tried talking to him, but it was like he wasn't even listening to us, like his mind was elsewhere and that made us all worried. We know if anyone can talk to him and comfort him it's you. We have already sent him home, because it didn't look like he could attend classes after what happened. He should be there in a few minutes. So please take care of him and make him talk to you. Alright Tae, I've to go now. I'll call you later. Bye. Love you." Jimin said, disconnecting the call.

Taehyung was still holding the phone to his ear even after the call was disconnected. His heart and mind both were in shambles. Jungkook didn't want to go to college. He had forced him to go against his wishes. 'Just how many times am I going to let you down, my love. I keep making these empty promises, but I can't even keep one. But even though I am not good at keeping my promise and I keep letting you down, please don't ever leave me Kookie. I'll die without you.'

Taehyung wiped the tears that he didn't even realize were falling from his eyes. He clenched his fists in anger. He had been far too lenient with all of them. He let Jenny go the first time she hurt his love, he let Kai go when he dared to place that bet during the match. If only he had punished them severely, then they wouldn't have dared to do the same mistake again. He made a mistake once, he won't do the same mistake again. This time there won't be any mercy.

He dialed a number from his phone and waited until the person on the other end picked up. He spoke for some time and then waited for a reply from the other end.

"Consider it done Tae." Namjoon spoke, disconnecting the phone.

Taehyung heard his door being opened as soon as he disconnected the call and saw his Kookie standing at the doorstep. His heart ached looking at his tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. He lifted his arms towards him and Jungkook immediately ran towards him, hugging him tightly before breaking down into heart wrenching sobs.

Taehyung's heart ached listening to his baby's sobbing. But he just let him cry it out, while he kept stroking circles on his back. Jungkook sobs soon turned into sniffles then occasional hiccups. Taehyung made him drink water and wiped Jungkook's face with his T-shirt.

"Are you ok now bun? Do you need some more water?" Taehyung asked, cupping Jungkook's face.

"No." Jungkook said, once again burying his face in Taehyung's chest.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Taehyung asked, hugging him close.

"I just...I don't know what to say. I was angry and then I was sad. I didn't want to hit her hyung. Trust me I really didn't mean to. I thought I'll be happy after releasing my anger, but I just felt sad and empty." Jungkook said, trying to understand his own feelings.