First Impressions

Jungkook was happy, he wasn't when the day started today being the first day of his college life. He had many thoughts in his mind none of them good, so many what if's ran through his mind. "What if I get bullied?, what if nobody wants to be my friend?, what if they hate me?". And that is how he ended up in front of his mother's grave on his way to college. He wanted his mother to take him in her arms and console him tell him that everything is going to be ok. He knew that was never going to happen. So he cried, he let all his pain out.

He was in his own world that he didn't even realize that he isn't alone, someone was talking to him. He turned around only to see a guy wearing a mask and talking to him. He was embarrassed to be caught like this. He probably looked like a mess with all the crying. After what seemed like an eternity the guy took out a white lily flower and gave it to him. Jungkook didn't know what it meant. Why is this stranger giving him a flower, but then the stranger spoke up. His voice was so deep and soothing like a lullaby. For some reason Jungkook immediately felt at ease just by listening to his voice.

"The guy told me that it was his mother's favorite flower and he wanted me to have it. He also tells me to be happy." For some unknown reason the stranger's words made Jungkook happy whether it is because of the flower or because of the stranger's deep soothing voice or for the fact that someone saw him at his most vulnerable state and didn't make fun of him or call him names, instead this stranger showed him kindness and tried to console him with his words. No one has ever done something like this for him. But before Jungkook could even thank him the guy said his goodbye and walked away. Jungkook kept staring at the stranger's back till he disappeared out of sight slowly breaking into a grin.

He took a book out of his bag and carefully placed the flower in it. He wished he could meet the stranger again. "Aish Jungkook, you didn't even thank him. What will he think about you. Stupid. I hope I see him again. But how will I recognize him. I didn't even see his face. Aish why was he wearing a mask. Now how will I thank him. You should have atleast asked his name stupid ugh". After rambling to himself about his stupidity he said his byes to his mom and left for college with a newfound confidence. But all of his confidence and happiness went out of his body the moment he stepped inside his college. There in front of him was a huge crowd. He couldn't exactly see what was happening even though he strained his neck to see through the crowd. 

He could hear someone yelling though and that voice sounded familiar. Before he could stop himself he squeezed through the crowd with great difficulty and reached the front. The scene in front of him though made him gasp in fear. There was a guy mercilessly beating another guy over and over while everyone stood watching. The guy getting beaten up was all bloody and almost unconscious but it didn't stop the other guy from beating him up. The scene hit too close to home and all the memories of his bullying that he had buried in the back of his mind suddenly he was flooded with it. 

He could feel his anxiety building up, his breathing was becoming uneven. He could see images of people in front trying to stop the fight. They were saying something to the guy. He couldn't make out any words. Everything happened in fast pace, the two guys who stopped the fight yelled something to the crowd and the crowd immediately dispersed. Everyone walked away including the people in front of him but he kept standing in the same spot.

Soon he heard ambulance siren. They took the unconscious guy on the ground with them, but Jungkook still stood there. He don't know if it is the fear of what he just witnessed or the past memories plaguing his mind right now that has him frozen on the spot. He don't know how long he was standing there. He heard the bell ringing through the hallways. He is late on the very first day but right now he do not care about it. He just wants to leave from here if only his feet would cooperate.

"This was a mistake. I never should have asked dad to send me to college. What did you think Jungkook that you can have a normal college life and make friends. People are the same everywhere, they just know how to cause pain and bully others. Nobody cares Jungkook, nobody. Did you really think that things will be different now why just because a stranger consoled you. How stupid. What am I supposed to do now. Go back home. And then what. What will you tell your dad when he asks you why you aren't going to college, that you are scared. No I can't do that. I have come till here. I won't give up now. Yes that's right all I have to do is stay away from the bad guys and I'll be fine. You can do this Jungkook, come on Fighting."