Chapter Eighty Nine

Previously -

Susheela freed herself from his hold and nodded her head in an 'yes'. "I'll do my best sir. It's just that Saniya is very skilled and she has studied me over these years, she knows all my moves by now. But I still have an advantage over her, I know her moves even with my eyes closed, I've practiced accordingly.", Susheela said confidently.

The bell rang indicating that the next match between Susheela and Saniya is about to start. Susheela took her gloves in her hand and walked out with her coach, from the other side she saw Saniya and her coach walking towards the ring. Both looked at eachother, a fire to win burning bright in their eyes, and nodded at eachother with a competitive smile as they entered the ring.
___________________________________________

Susheela came out in her black satin gown with her initials on her back. Saniya had her blue gown and her blue gloves to pair with it. As soon as Susheela and Saniya came on the front, the whole stadium roared with cheers, giving a boast to their egos. Both of them stood at their respective ends as their coaches removed their gowns and made them wear their safety gear and gloves. Susheela looked at her gloves before wearing them and got flashed of her father demotivating her. But as soon as she put on her gloves, she got a rush of adrenaline running inside her system and a boast of energy was found in her eyes.

She wanted to win today, not for herself, but to show it to her father that how much wrong he was. To prove him wrong had been her motivation to win all the previous matches and today also she found herself with a desire to win to shove it in her father's face. Susheela moved her eyes in the crowd and found Pramod and Lily standing out the most with their interesting choice of clothes. Susheela's mouth hung open as she saw her face plastered on Pramod and Lily's black hoodies. She let out a small laugh as the two waved their arms energetically at her. She turned around once her coach called her back and focused on her first round.

Susheela and Saniya both were standing at their respective ends, ready to jump in anytime. The announcement began as the two put on their game faces.

"On the left we have Susheela Ruhail team black and on the right we have Saniya Sharma team blue. You have three rounds to earn as many points as you can, and you both know the rules better than I do so I expect I won't have to say it out loud again.", The refree said sternly looking at two as if they were about to break the rules as soon as they would jump in. The two girls nodded at him and came inside the ring with their mouth gaurd.

The bell rang and both the audience and the judges looked at the two girls intently. Susheela and Saniya circled eachother, waiting for the other to make a move. Saniya made the first move by throwing a well analysed punch Susheela's way but she moved aside on her left foot and escaped it skillfully. The crowd all cheered their favourite's name. This time it was a fifty - fifty crowd. Half of the crowd loved Saniya's bold moves while the other loyal half trusted Susheela's skills.

Susheela next aimed a hard punch at Saniya's guts when she was busy looking at Susheela's foot move that she had purposely done to distract her. The air got knocked out of Saniya's lungs swiftly as Susheela's fist collided with her stomach. The points table turned one on Susheela's side while it remained zero for Saniya.

Saniya was still recovering from the hard punch till then Susheela aimed another one on the same position. That earned her another point, the crowd all shifted to cheer on Susheela now as she was clearly leading on the front. Saniya clutched her stomach in pain while Susheela patiently waited for her to recover. It only took two more seconds for Saniya to grab the energy and aim a punch right at Susheela's shoulder which hit her on her left arm as she was too slow to dodge. Susheela hissed in pain but didn't move her eyes from Saniya as she knew that one slight mistake and Saniya would aim another one, but this time twice the power. Saniya got a point and the round ended with Susheela having two points and Saniya getting one.