Chapter Forty Three

Previously -

'Lagta hai chori ne apna kaam shuru kar diya hai.', Chanchal smirked.

"Pata nahi bhaisahab, jab main aur aap baat kar rahe the na tab wo ghar se bahar chali gayi thi. Kyu? Kya hua?", Chanchal said playing innocent.

"Haa ke hua? Aap itne chinta main kyu dikh rahe hai? Yahi kahi gayi hogi kuch lene, aa jaayegi.", Kusum said trying to reassure her husband but she too wasn't sure why her daughter had gotten the need to go outside.

"Haa bhaisahab, chori aa jaayegi.", Chanchal said hoping that he wouldn't believe it, instead go and get himself kidnapped.

"Uska kidnap ho gaya hai.", Dharampal said clenching his jaw tightly.
___________________________________________

"Ye kya keh rahe hai aap!?", Kusum said taking a few steps back in shock.

"Haa manne abhi ek call aaya tha kidnapper ka, Garima ki bhi aawaz sunne mili. Aap chinta mat kijiye Kusum ji, main Garima ko leke aata hu.", Dharampal said tightening his already tight fist. Kusum nodded eagerly as she watched her husband go upstairs in pure anger.

'Chalo kaam ho gaya.', Chanchal said sighing happily.

Dharampal went up in Susheela-Garima's room, he knocked on the door and waited patiently for someone to open the door. Pramod and Susheela who were in eachother's arms looked up startled. Pramod grunted in annoyance but got up to open the door. An angry Dharampal shoved him lightly out of the way and came and stood straight in front of Susheela.

Judging by his anger, Susheela knew that Garima's plan was either failing or working. But one thing was for sure, her father's anger was somewhere related to Garima's plan. Pramod gulped in fear, too afraid to stand anywhere near an angry T-Rex.

"Ke hua papa itne ghusse main kyu lag rahe ho?", Susheela asked him bored, already knowing the answer.

"Wo sab chod beta, tujhe manne koi tension naa deni hai. Tu sirf mujhe apne purane wale boxing gloves de de.", Dharampal said looking around the room for his daughter's hockey stick. (Happy sports day everyone!)

"Boxing gloves? Wo kyu?", Susheela asked confused.

"Kuch kaam hai beta, tu chinta naa kar. Kusum se keh kar main khana bhijwa deta hu, tu aur chotta haddi khana kha lo, thik hai?", Dharampal said checking her temperature, his voice turning soft as he looked at his younger child.

Susheela nodded and got up to get her old, worn-out boxing gear from her cupboard. She handed the gloves to him, still confused as to why he would need them. Dharampal took the gloves with a determined look in his eyes. On the way out of his daughter's room, he picked up the lone hockey stick that he was eyeing since he came in the room. He gripped the hockey stick tight, with a murderous look he marched out of the room and then straight out of their house.

Pramod who had kept a hand on his heart, slowly released a breath of relief. Susheela on the other hand widened her eyes in fear as she finally understood why her father had asked for her gloves along with the hockey stick. Pramod saw Dharampal marching out of the house and texted Garima that her father is coming to get kidnapped.

"Gayi! Gayi buffalo paani main!", Susheela said holding her head in her hands.

"Kyu? Kya hua Susheela ji?", Pramod was quick by her side as he looked at her worried.

"Papaji toh aaj Avinash aur Garima ki band bajane wale hai. Dekha nahi tumne kaise mere gloves aur hockey stick leke gaye hai? Aaj toh jam ke sutai hone wali hai. Ab mujhe hi koi backup plan sochna padega.", Susheela said moving to and fro in her room.