Chapter Fifteen

Previously -

He quickly let go off her hand and looked everywhere but her. Dharmpal realising the awkward tension in the air, came out of his frozen trance and cleared his throat. "Doctor sahab, aap dono ko der ho rahi hogi. Aap jaaiye iss lekar, par thoda jaldi aane ka try kijiye. Wo chori ki parso se exams bhi hai na, isiliye.", Dharampal said with a warm smile.

Pramod ran his fingers through his hair as his ears turned a shade of dark pink. "Ji, ji Dharampal ji, I'll make sure you drop Susheela ji before twelve.", Pramod said as he gently took Susheela's hand in his and dragged her hurriedly out of the house. The rest of the family looked amused at the awkward couple but didn't say anything further to embarrass them.

Pramod opened the car door for Susheela. She thanked him and got in, she fastened up her seat belt as he went on to the driver's side. He turned on the engine and waved at his future in-laws. Garima and Puttu waved at them excitedly until the car got out of their sight.
___________________________________________

There was an awkward silence in the car as Pramod drove his car through the busy roads of Rohtak. Susheela was looking out of the window, the busy streets were keeping her mind awake. She still felt the warmth and tenderness of his soft lips where he had kissed her. Unconsciously, she smiled and caressed her knuckles where he had kissed her. Pramod glanced at her through the corner of his eyes and saw her enjoying the pleasant weather, smiling as she did.

Pramod gulped and cleared his throat. "Susheela ji, I'm sorry I-I don't what came over me and I kissed your hand. I'm sorry-", Pramod apologized looking straight ahead of him, his hands tight on the steering wheel. He was afraid that if he looked at her anymore, he will lose it and start professing his undying love for her which would land him straight on the hospital bed.

Susheela got out of her trance and looked down at her hands, "Koi baat nahi chotta haddi. Magar aage se dhyan rakhna, warna seedhe hospital bed pe paaye miloge.", Susheela said making a face to which Pramod looked relieved and laughed. Susheela wanted to tell him that his touch didn't make her uncomfortable, that for some reason it made her feel safe and loved, something she hasn't felt in years. But, then again, she couldn't, because if she did she will only give him pain and nothing else.

"Ha ha samajh gaya main Susheela ji. Waise woh sorry maine aapse bina puche hi aaj ke activites plan kar liye. Aapko koi problem toh nahi hai na iss baat se?", Pramod asked chewing on his lower lip nervously.

"Nahi koi baat nahi. Maine waise kuch socha naa tha, accha hua tumne hi sochne ka kaam kar diya.", Susheela and Pramod shared a smile.

"Waise hum aaj karne kya wale hai? kaha jaa rahe hai hum?", Susheela asked looking out of her side of the window, she didn't know where they were heading to. All she could see were clear empty roads that lead to nowhere.

"Susheela ji, main aapko mere Grandad se milane jaa raha hu. Humara destination aata hi hoga.", Pramod said as he changed the gears.

"Tumhare Dadaji kya jungle main rehte hai?", Susheela asked looking out.

"Ji, kuch aisa hi samajh lijiye.", Pramod said as he parked his car near a tree. He got out and opened Susheela's door like a gentleman. Shusheela took his hand as she got out and looked around confused. All she could see was a clear road, where they were standing currently, surrounded by tall tress from both the sides.

"Let's go.", Pramod slipped his hand in her's and took her with him. They walked a little further from their car and came in front of a huge metal gate on the left side of the road. As soon as Susheela looked at the board that was slightly covered by the vines, her eyes widened.

"Forever Memorial Cemetary", Susheela read out loud.
___________________________________________

Here, back in the Ruhail house, Chanchal was busy glaring at her brother in law who looked nonchalant. After Susheela and Pramod went out on their little date, the Ruhails all sat down in their living room to have some evening tea and snacks. Puttu and Garima were busy fantasizing on Susheela's first date and wondered what all she was doing right now, them being more excited than her.