Chapter Eleven

Previously -

Pramod quickly grabbed his phone and came down to see his mother and father set up the long dinning table with various dishes. He went and sat on the chair as he switched on his phone. He got a lot of notifications and mails which he decided to see later now as his mum gave him a strict look.

"Pramod, keep your damn phone down or else I will have to throw you and your phone out of the house.", Mini said in a strict voice as she glared at her son.

Pramod widened his eyes in fear and quickly kept his phone aside. Angi too had returned by that time with two tiffins filled with sweets.

"Mini aunty wo Kusum aunty ne aap sab ke liye ye rabdi aur gulab jamun bheje hai.", Agni said handing the tiffins to Mrs. Chautala as she she graciously took it with a smile, taking a mental note to thank Kusum ji.
___________________________________________

"Wow! Gulaab jamun? They're my favourite!", Pramod squealed like a little child.

"Aur rabdi toh meri all time favourite hai bhai. Aaj toh maze aane wale hai.", Jay said licking his lips looking at his bowl of rabdi that Mini had served him.

Mini started serving food to all when she suddenly burst out laughing. The three heads turned to her and looked at her confused, she pointed at the food bowls kept in front of them and soon all of them were joining her, laughing hard.

Jay had prepared nice daal makhni and noodles for their dinner. "Jay tumhe kya pehele se pata tha ki aaj daal makhni aur noodles pe discussion hone wala hai? And it's such an odd combination.", Mini laughed as she served food to all of them.

"Aree nahi Mini aisa kuch nahi hai. Mene socha ki daal makhni Agni ko pasand aayegi aur tum toh jaanti ho na ki humara beta ye sab nahi khata, toh bas uske liye noodles bana diye.", Jay said chuckling.

"Naa uncle ji apne na sahi socha, yo daal makhni meri ekdum favourite hai.", Agni said digging in his food.

"Haa woh toh aaj pata chal hi gaya. Main khush hu apne noodles ke saath.", Pramod said under his breath.

Somewhere in the middle of finishing his food, Pramod's hands itched as he looked at his phone. This phone had become his big addiction, but he can't even pick it up because if he did so, his mother will throw him and his phone both out of their house. He didn't want to test his mother's patience and decided to finish his food first. All ate silently, talking here and there, Agni praised Jay's cooking as he devoured his favourite daal makhni.
___________________________________________

All sat down in the living room after their dinner, laughing and talking about random things and sharing eachother's funny encounters.

"Pata hai ek baar kya hua? Pramod ne Susheela ko propose kiya aur Susheela de maare ek mukka.", Mini laughed at the memory of her son's wails and cries as she nursed his black eye.

"Fir, fir kya hua?", Agni asked all excited to hear the story.

"Fir kya hona tha? Uss raat humein pata chala ki humara beta bhi scheming aur plotting karta hai. Like can you believe? Pramod ne Susheela ko apni fake girlfriend banne ke liye kaha tha! Oh my God! Jay and I had quite a good laugh that day.", Mini, Jay and Agni shared a laugh as Pramod rolled his eyes.

Pramod picked up his phone and started browsing through his phone when he stumbled upon Shusheela's text message. (FINALLY!) His eyes went wide at the sight, Susheela had texted him? Him?

'Kahi Susheela ji meri kutai toh nahi karne wali na?', Pramod thought worried, gulping hard.

Pramod dreaded opening the text message but the curiousity in him took over the best of him and soon he found himself opening the text. As he read the text his expressions changed from that of being confused, a little bit anxious and than to happy.