Chapter Sixty Seven

Previously -

It was a beautiful net saree. Right from the colour, design everything was perfect. Pramod closed his eyes imagined Susheela wearing the same saree, walking towards him with a soft look in her eyes. Her eyes shining due to the bright yellow saree under the setting sun. She slowly walked towards him, kept her warm and soft palm on his cheeks and rubbed her thumb on his lips in a gentle moving circle. Pramod leaned in her warm touch, his body in her full command.

Susheela slowly rubbed her soft cheeks against his stubble clad and rough ones, giggling softly as his hair tickled her. Pramod held her closer, tight against his chest, loving the feeling of her soft self against his hard toned body.

Pramod was shaken out of his reverie when Lily 'accidentally' stepped on his feet as she pointed at a red chiffon saree for the shopkeeper to remove and show them.

'Ouch! Ye moti aur iske hippopotamus jaise bhari pair! Bichara mera pair!', Pramod cussed under his breath. But then looked at the saree that was draped on the white mannequin. That's it! He was buying that saree. He just hoped that he didn't lose his senses when she wore it or else he'll have to leave for his house with a couple of broken bones and a mad laughing lunatic of a woman that he called his bestfriend.
___________________________________________

Pramod asked the manger to bring the yellow saree that was hung up on the mannequin. Lily looked in awe as the shopkeeper presented them with a fresh piece of the same saree.

"Wow safed mogre! This is so beautiful! Susheela would look so pretty in this!", Lily gushed and awed.

"I know right? This is perfect! She'll look so divine, I can only imagine.", Pramod sighed as a blush creeped up his cheeks.

"Sir, are you buying this for your wife?", The shopkeeper/manager asked politely.

"Yes" "No", Both Lily and Pramod answered at the same time.

"I mean she's not my wife, yet.", Pramod added yet in the end to cheer up his sad heart.

"She's his girlfriend.", Lily smiled at a sulking Pramod.

"Oh! Can you show me her picture so that I can show you the colour scheme that would go on her skin tone?", The shopkeeper asked politely. Pramod nodded and showed him Susheela's recent photos that he had taken on their date night. The man looked in awe.

"Wow sir! Ma'am is beautiful! The saree that you have chosen for her should be perfect for her skin tone. Bright colours and pastel colours would do wonders on her body. You should totally go for this yellow number.", The manager/shopkeeper said smiling. Pramod nodded and shoved his phone back in his pocket.

"Yupp, so we're taking this one.", Pramod asked the manger to pack the saree.

"Anything else sir?", The shopkeeper asked as he handed them the bag with saree in it after the billing process was done.

"No, thankyou!", Lily said and dragged her friend out of the saree shop.

"God! Pata nahi ye ladkiya ek shop mein itni der tak kaise reh leti hai? Mera toh sir hi dukhna shuru ho jata hai.", Lily closed her eyes tightly and made a face.

"Kyuki wo sab normal hai? Lekin tu jaisi hai waisi hi thik hai. Bhai hai tu mera, bhai!", Pramod circled his arm around Lily's shoulder and dragged her towards the jwellery shop.

"Abe! Ab yaha kyu aaye hai? Kitni shopping karega? Thak nahi jaata kya tu?" Lily asked making a face.

"Nahi. Aur bhool gayi kya? Humein Shekhar ki wife ke liye kuch lena hai, remember? Tu toh khaali haath hilate hue jaayegi. Magar mom ko pata chala na ki main khali haath hilate hue aaya hu shadi mein, toh Shekhar ke shadi ka band baje na baje, mera jarur bajega.", Pramod said shuddering with fear.