Chapter Twenty Two

Previously -

"Naa story ke full maze toh yo hi le rahe hai.", Chanchal muttered to herself.

Susheela braced herself for all the embarassment as she closed her eyes tight.

"Haa toh maine yo dekha ki chotta haddi ne Susheela ko uske gaalo pe kiss kiya! Aur wo bhi ek gaal pe nahi, dono gaalo par!", Chanchal finished giving a mini heartattack to Dharampal and family.

Dharampal looked towards his daughter with a blank expression. Kusum pursed her lips and Shishupal took in a deep breath already listing out things that would be needed in Susheela's marriage, in his mind he was already busy planning necessary things.
___________________________________________

Susheela sat down on the ground in Indian style. She sighed and waited for the supreme court judge to pass the judgement on her. Chanchal bit her tongue as she realised she had just broken the deal. Susheela shooted daggers at Chanchal through her eyes. And Chanchal looked anywhere but her.

"Ke kar rahi hai chori?", Dharampal asked his daughter, breaking his silence after an excruciatingly long, whole minute.

"Bulaiye chotta haddi ko. Main shadi karne ke liye taiyar hu.", Susheela said, sighing dramatically.

"Accha?", Dharampal tried to hide his smile.

"Bhaisahab, main kya bol raha tha ki Susheela ki shadi hum poore dhoom dham se karenge. Maine toh puri list bhi bana li hai.", Shishupal said excitedly.

"Shishu, abhi nahi.", Dharampal said rolling his eyes at his younger sibling.

"Aur tujhe achanak shadi ka khayal kaha se aaya?", Dharampal asked, turning his attention back to his daughter.

"Pichle baar Pramod ne mujhe hug kiya tha toh aapne uske parents ko shadi ki baat karne ke liye bula liya tha. Ab toh uske mujhe cheeks pe kiss kiya hai, ab toh aap direct mandap pe hi landing karoge meri.", Susheela cried dramatically, yet no tears fell down from her eyes.

"Chup kar drama queen! Aisa kuch naa karne wala hu main. Tujhe aur chotta haddi ko jab bhi shadi karni ho tu kar le. Manne koi dikkat naa hai. Bas shadi se pehele mujhe nanaji mat bana dena.", Dharampal stood up from his seat and moved towards his room.

Susheela blushed at her father's words while others snickered. She gave them all a hard stare and started running upstairs towards her room. She already have had enough embarrassment for the day.

"Susheela rukh! Mere golgappe?", Chanchal asked halting Susheela mid-step.

"Naa Chachi ji, agar aapne apna muh naa khola hota na toh main de deti. Magar ab toh aap bhul jaao. Aur meri dhamki abhi se shuru ho rahi hai, seediyon se jara sambhal ke chalna.", Susheela fumed as she marched upstairs, and towards her room.

Chanchal gulped and Kusum rolled her eyes. Garima and Puttu went behind Susheela to tease her some more. But it was Shishupal, who noticed his brother's odd behaviour throughout the day and decided to confront him.

He went inside Dharampal's room to see him holding Dhanashree's photo frame. Shishupal understood the whole matter and lightly closed the door behind him as he exited from his room. Shishupal didn't have to interrogate his brother anymore, he very well knew what was going on in his mind after seeing Dhanashree's picture.
___________________________________________

Parmod reached his house in about ten minutes drive as the roads were pretty clean, not a single vehicle in sight. He smiled and entered his house, his thoughts roaming around his Susheela ji. He flopped down on his sofa and sighed happily. He laid his head back and closed his eyes, the smile never leaving his face.