Chapter Eighty Seven

Previously -

"Oh okay, great! We'll all leave at sharp 4:00 then.", Pramod said smiled sweetly at her. Susheela just looked down and nodded her head.

When the rest of the people were done having their dinner, they were off to their respective rooms to try and get some sleep for the night as they were all very exhausted and tired. Garima and Puttu were as usual busy sleeping soundly while Susheela was standing near the floor length open window, replaying a certain memory in her mind.
___________________________________________

Flashback -

Susheela was working out at her academy. Beads of sweat were running down her forehead as she concentrated on punching the sack bag in front of her. Just then a very excited Purab, her current coach came running inside with a letter in his hands. Everybody stopped doing what they were doing and looked at him. Even Susheela paused for a while to see what has possibly made her Sir so happy.

"Guys! I have a great news!", Purab exclaimed with happiness.

"What happened sir?", Came the chatter of his fellow students.

"Well, the AIBA (International Boxing Association) championship is coming up and I have received the names of the students who can participate and represent our country on an international level!", Purab laughed merrily as all his students burst into happy cheers.

"Before you all get too happy, there's one thing I need to tell you. No matter who's name comes up, you all will be equally deserving in my sight, okay? And if not today, then maybe tomorrow. You all will definitely succeed. These names are chosen by our head coach with the consultation of our board members. Two representatives have been selected from both boys and girls side.", Purab informed and gave a warm smile to all of his students who looked down nervously, silently praying to the heavens for their name to come up.

Susheela looked down and frowned. There was no way she was getting selected to play in the Olympics. And even if she did, her father would not let her go. He would always find a way to stop her from going.

"The two candidates selected from boys are Jayant Kumar and Akhilesh Sharma!", The boys all roared and cheered. Jayant and Akhilesh thanked their coach and grinned from ear to ear as they got some back pats from their mates. Susheela smiled politely at the two and congratulated them heartily.

"And from the girl's side we have Susheela Ruhail and Kusum Pandey!", Purab cheered on with the others as he read the names of the next two candidates. The world around Susheela become numb. All the cheers, congratulations, happy giggles drowned down as her mind processed the news.

"Susheela!", Purab yelled laughing, to bring her out of her zone. As if the water came down crashing upon her, all the voices that had gone numb came crashing back down on her. Susheela looked around and gave a small smile to all the people who were congratulating her.

"I'm so proud of you four. I'm sure you all will bring many medals for our country. Extra practice for you four from now on! And tomorrow our president would come to each of your house and collect your birth certificates as the criteria suggests that you need to be 18 years old. I mean yes you are 18 right now but we need proof to show to the AIBA organization.", Purab said with a grin and left the arena. The rest of the day was spent practicing and smiling at all the students and staff that were congratulating the four players.

Susheela's mind was still numb as she walked back home from her academy. Her mind was still processing on her name being announced for the Olympics 2016. Susheela wanted to win, she wanted to participate but she couldn't, she can't do it, not now. Her relationship with her father was somewhat coming on a straight path after all the contraction between them. And now if she said that she wants to go for the international matches, her father would again break all ties with her and strain her relationship with him forever.