Finale

5 years later..

Moonbyul

Hmmm, how should I say this? Uhm, well..

I guess it's a happy ending for us four after all.

Yes, four.

Me, Yongsun, Teayeon, and— I know it's unthinkable, especially for me— but yes, including Eric Nam.

It never occurred to me that the man I once despised was now a member of what I describe as family. He ended up marrying my child's surrogate mother, Taeyeon Kim-Nam (that's my nickname for taeyeon now). They progress from being neighbors, to friends, to bestfriends, until he can no longer take it and decides to confess his eternal love to Taeyeon. Taeyeon loves him as much as he loves her too. She fell in love with eric the moment he showed interest in taking care of her and krystal.

To be completely honest, he acted more like a father figure to Krystal than I do. When taeyeon's water broke, he was the one who took her to the hospital. He was also the first one to hear krystal cry when she came out of teayeon— I know that should be me, but I saw how depressed eric looked waiting outside the private room (maybe because he knows he can't experience that kind of moment since he can't have a child), so I decided to ask him if he could take my position to be taeyeon's energy support, and to make sure he won't suspect I pity him, I lied that yongsun called and I needed to go home to take care of my wife.

He almost cried as he ran into Taeyeon's room, thanking me with all his might.

It's depressing that I won't be able to witness krystal's birth, but I also consider the fact that I am luckier than he is. I still have luna, whereas he doesn't have one. So, rather than being upset, I was glad to have fulfilled one of his lifelong ambitions.

I also remember eric kneeling in front of me, asking if he could be Krystal's legal guardian and father since he was planning to propose to taeyeon, and I just laughed at how pathetic he looked that time (just teasing him tho).

It's amusing how he begged and cried like a child wanting his favorite chocolate, but what he didn't realize was that the moment he treated my child as his own— spoiling her, taking care of her, and unconditionally loving her— he had already convinced me to make him krystal's lawful father.

You might say I don't love krystal because I'm giving her up. No, I love her more than myself although we created her by accident. I simply agreed to his terms because I saw his potential as a good husband and father, and I also know how much he genuinely loves krystal as if she came from him. I've seen his commitment and loyalty for years, so I'm confident he'll never do anything that jeopardizes his relationship with his family. I'm certain my child is in good hands.

Besides, he's just her father exclusively in papers. Krystal is still aware I'm her real mother and that's what matters.

Taeyeon and Yongsun reconnected as best friends after yongsun worked up the courage to ask her why she couldn't remember her high school friend. Taeyeon is unable to recognize her because the moment she arrived in the States, their home was robbed by armed burglars. Taeyeon fought them but was beaten nearly to death, hit multiple times in the head with a metal pipe, and thrown to the ground like a sack of rice. That was also why she didn't communicate with yongsun again. She had forgotten about some of her memories, including the most important once she has with yongsun.

But now, although she can't remember yongsun completely, their friendship continues to blossom as it did before.

Yongsun also approved of eric as taeyeon's husband. She had previously loved and known him, so she is confident that he will be a wonderful husband to Taeyeon and will always look after them. Yongsun also warned him to not make the same mistake as before, because if he does, well.. we have hyejin to make his life a living hell.

And...

You may have noticed that I mentioned the word wife earlier.

Yes, folks. WIFE!

I proposed to Yongsun in Paris, in the same spot where I first told her she was mine and got married after were engaged for only a month. It should be after a year but my love for her is overflowing that I became afraid she might change her mind after a year. So, as much as possible, I cut our engagement short and marry her right away. She just laughed at me when I told her why I wanted to marry her so badly.

Now we're about to celebrate our 4th anniversary and I can't be more excited. Wanna know why? Because I'm planning to make more luna's *wink wink*.

Speaking of the love of my life, Luna Moon... she's savage as fuck!

This kid is only 5 years old but she's already a bitch. No, she's a natural-born bitch. She is a combination between yongsun, wheein, and hyejin. She's sweet, adorable, and ruthless. She always teases her sister, always does her own thing, and always looks at people as if she's passing judgment on their existence or something. Her savagery knows no bounds, and I was no exception. The most memorable thing she said to me was the first time she said "I love you." She'd say things like:

"I love you, Dada, but not as much as I love Mama."

It goes on and on whenever she says she loves me. Hearing it, I always want to flip tables and cry, but instead of sympathizing with my unfortunate soul, yongsun and others just laugh at me.

Nonetheless, I love that child with all my heart, even if she prefers her other mother over me.

Speaking of Wheein and Hyejin, it's a happy ending for them too because after years of years of denial, they're finally dating.

Hyejin was the first one to confess when wheein told her some guy was trying to court her, and this possessive lioness was not happy about the news. She's always putting up barriers and threatening the guy whenever he comes around, and Wheein always asks her why she does stupid things like that. They argued and argued until Hyejin exploded and told her the reason. They've been together for two years now. Still going strong and happy.

Fun fact: I still cower in the presence of hyejin and—

"Byuuul! Are you finished explaining yet?!" Yongsun called from upstairs as I heard footsteps approaching. I told her to give me 5 minutes to explain everything, but I must have missed the time and passed the limit.

"Hon, I'm only halfway done—"

My eyes widened as yongsun entered the living room wearing nothing but sexy, enticing, and mouthwatering red lingerie.

She has those seductive eyes on me, and I can't seem to close my mouth because damn... that's hellishly hot!

"You're still what?"

What what? There's no what.

You know... our fourth anniversary is still in December, but I think it's fine to make another luna in advance. I hope I did a good job summarizing the events of the last five years because I really need to get going.

"Are you coming or what?"

"Definitely coming!"

BYE!

•• De Novo, Finale ••

a/n:

Wow, I'm done. I'm finished. I'm free. I'm now gonna take my beauty rest.

As usual, I wanna thank you all for supporting this story. It was a wild ride for me and the characters, and I hope it is for you as well. I did everything I could to make this novel worthwhile, and I hope I managed to entertain you in some way. Thank you to everyone who has patiently waited for each chapter and has commented with interest and passion. I hope you are aware that your comments always make me happy.

I'm not sure when I'll make another scrap because it all depends on my motivation and brain. So, if you can wait, that will be excellent.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you, but this story has officially comes to an end.

See you in the next story!