Chapter 26

Yongsun

My fingers quiver as I lower the letter and look at my two friends, who are also looking at me, waiting for a reaction. Their faces were getting closer to mine, and it was kind of amusing how they were approaching my side with unreadable expressions. They must think it's some sort of bad news when they notice my fingers can't stop shaking. I'm not shaking because it's bad news. It's only... I'm worried.

But I'm glad she wrote it.

What I've just read isn't what I'm expecting in this letter. I expected her to rant about how upset she is or insult me for being a jerk who plays with her feelings despite the fact that she tried everything she could to get me. Instead, she wrote me this heartfelt, never giving up letter.

Moonbyul, you are the epitome of a jerk.

Despite the fact that I can't seem to function normally, my lips stepped up and curled into a thin smile. Hyejin and Wheein's brows instantly raised and they snatched the letter from me. I cover my face with both hands as they read the entire contents. I don't want them to see me blushing like a hysterical adolescent just because of that letter.

But it's far too late. Wheein is already tapping the couch with excitement, and Hyejin's eyebrow is lifted amusingly at me. This is where the teasing commences.

"Look at yongsun, the bitch is blushing," Wheein scooted over to hyejin's side and whispered too loudly for me to hear. Hyejin, on the other hand, flicked her tongue and, like wheein, cracked a smile at me as if she was asserting something.

"Stop whispering if you meant for me to hear it, wheein," I told her, and she just shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"Well, what can we say? Moonbyul is truly amazing. She left both of us speechless."

Hyejin smiles and places the letter on the small table in front of us. My gaze was drawn to where the paper landed, and the word that immediately came to view was Moonbyul's name in bold letters. With that, I can feel my face warming up again. How is she able to perform such magic on me?

"She's ambitious. Her self-confidence is overflowing we couldn't even stop it. She's really convinced she'll get you someday, huh?"

Hyejin crosses her legs and arms, leans back on the couch, and gives me a sly grin. I'm sure if I'm mentally stable, she'd slice me with her teasing remarks, and I wouldn't even survive. I know she's just trying to get a hold of herself so she doesn't tease me like she used to.

"She will, though, because now that yongsun is single, moonbyul has all the time in the world to take her shot at our little yongsun."

My gaze was drawn to wheein, and I noticed she was already planning Moonbyul and my future together. She was giggling like a fool, envisioning a future we didn't even know existed. I mean, I want Moonbyul just as much as she wants me. But things are a little complicated right now. I'm not sure if I'm ready for everything yet.

Hyejin became quiet as she observed me pondering in the corner. She knew something was up with me. She always notices if I'm uncomfortable or uneasy. That's exactly what she is. Why do I act as if I'm surprised?

After a split second, hyejin bends over to my side and looks at me with her scrutinizing gaze, a frail smile plastered on her face, while reassuringly holding both of my hands. She was silently pleading with me not to hide my emotions because she could clearly see them. Well.. Her small gesture worked its magic, and my 'I'm fine' mask gradually melted. I bit my lower lip and lowered my head, looking at my fidgeting hands to distract myself and keep the tears at bay. I despise how she can see how I struggle with my thoughts.