Chapter 25

"I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH YOU IN THAT DAMN WORLD?!"

Hyejin's endearingly loud voice slams into the four corners of the room, making wheein and yongsun instinctively cover their ears to block the sound from reaching inside their ears. They are lounging in the living room and talking about yongsun's dream. It comes to the point when yongsun mentions the time when the fictional moonbyul says Hyejin has feelings for her. Now hyejin was so astounded and bewildered that she couldn't stop herself from letting out her retort.

"Uh, yes? That's what moonbyul said.. that you love me." Yongsun replied and put her hands back down, smirking at her friend, who was still with her mouth agape.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble, yong. But that is, no doubt, just a shitty dream. No shit sherlock! I mean, it's not that it's disgusting to have romantic feelings for you but.. no! You're just my friend, and falling in love with you is certainly not going to happen, not even in a million years."

Yongsun didn't know why but hyejin's words made her smile. It's like it became her assurance that Hyejin would never, ever fall in love with her, and she's glad to know that for sure. Hyejin liking her is the last thing she wants in this world.

"I'm happy to hear that, hyejin. I wouldn't know how to act around you if in this world you love me. Things will be so awkward between us."

Hyejin scoffed and rolled her eyes. Yongsun's dream surely swept her off her feet, she doesn't know how to properly function. Yongsun also mentioned that hyejin didn't tell her about moonbyul and her bumping in the supermarket, and the idea is making her angry. She's yongsun's best friend. She wouldn't dare hide that important encounter from yongsun if it happened in real life. At this point, she wants to meet her fictional self and strangle her to death.

"Your dream is surely insane."

Wheein intrudes after a long silence and drinks the soda she's holding. She looks like she's watching a drama right now, full of surprising revelations and unbelievable occurrences. Despite her desire to cut Yongsun's story earlier, she kept her mouth shut and simply listened. She would just make faces whenever yongsun got fascinating things to say.

"I know. I still can't believe all of those things are just a product of my imagination." Yongsun responded with a weak smile, making the two look at each other in silence. Yongsun's expression was starting to get emotional, and wheein knew she had to say something before yongsun could think about Luna again.

"I.. uhm. Do I have a boyfriend between those 9 years, yong?"

Hyejin raised her eyebrow at wheein and the woman shrugged when she noticed her friend was looking at her. She doesn't have anything else to say, and that's the only idea that comes to her mind.

"No. Hyejin always comes in the way, so you're still single after all those long years."

This time, hyejin's wide eyes traveled back to yongsun like she had just heard something crazy.. again. Wheein, on the other hand, giggled while clutching her soda. The idea of hyejin always popping out of nowhere whenever she has a date seemed so funny that she couldn't take it and laugh.

If hyejin was just angry earlier, now she's both angry and embarrassed.

"Why are you always in the way huh, hyejin?" She laughed and teased her friend, nudging her with her foot. Hyejin flicked her tongue in annoyance, crossing her arms against her chest before staring back at wheein.

"Because you suck at choosing dudes. I don't want you to end up in a relationship full of heartbreak and tears. You mean so much to me. I don't want to see you torn apart just because of an asshole."