Chapter 14

Yongsun

I put on my coat as I went inside the mall to buy the supplies luna told me to get. Their teacher gave them an activity that needed coloring materials, and her previous crayons didn't have the right color she wanted to use. She's painting different kinds of animals and she told me her grey crayon was misplaced. It turns out she's trying to color the elephant she outlined, and she can't possibly do that without the colour grey. I suggested she paint it blue but she just rolled her eyes and told me it was not realistic.

I was in the aisle of crayons while I took the time to read the labels on the box. I made sure that all the color was present because I knew Luna would snarl at me for not bringing her the right supplies she told me to buy. She sounds like a brat, right? But no, she always asks me calmly, even kissing my cheeks before I leave and repeating all the things she needs. It's just that sometimes I often mess things up and ruin the perfect opportunity she had in mind.

Like that one time she asked me to buy a ruler and I bought a protractor. I'm dumb.

"Yongsuuuuun!"

My ears perked up and my body jolted in surprise when someone just lunched in my back and cling to me like she was kind of koala in a tree branch. With my eyes wide, balancing the body behind me and clutching my heart in fright, I twisted my head to see who was it. Though I recognize her voice and her scent, I still need to see if I'm right.

And I am.

"I missed you so much!"

Taeyeon leaped out of my back and cupped my face while molesting my cheeks with numerous kisses. I giggled sheepishly, wiggling my way out of her grip playfully and I'm thankful she let go of me. My face blushed in embarrassment. I'm not that comfortable when someone kisses me besides luna. Perhaps this greeting practice originated in the states? If so, then I guess I need to get used to it.

"I thought you forgot me already," I replied when I successfully made my way off of her. She chuckled and clutched my arm before tugging me closer. I didn't bother thinking we were close, or our bodies almost infused. I know this is just a normal thing when two are close friends.. very close friends.

"No, I didn't forget you! Not in a million years. Just busy with things and krystal."

I didn't bother responding as I put the box of color and a set of watercolors with brushes in my cart. I started pushing it to the other aisle, with Taeyeon by my side.

"Anyways, gimme your number. I broke my phone."

I pause abruptly causing for taeyeon to halt with me. I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and a questioning expression, confusion was written all over my face. She doesn't have my number? But moonbyul told me she'd give it to her. Does that mean moonbyul didn't give her my number?

"You don't have my number? But I thought--"

"We're about to eat lunch, yong. Wanna come?"

If Taeyeon's appearance surprised me earlier, now my heart almost leapt out of my chest. Someone interrupted my supposed to be question when a shadow just popped out of nowhere behind us. I turned around and saw a smile was dancing around the corner of her lips. She was holding a shopping bag, her eyes crescent with the way she beams at us.

Moonbyul stood there-- completely aware of what I was about to say-- with an innocent face.

Is she following us since taeyeon arrived?

"Don't ask her, babe, yongsun always says no. We're going to drag her with us so she can't refuse. Put your number already so we can go."

I don't have the time to open my mouth or ask, when taeyeon shoves her phone in my stomach forcing me to put my number in her contacts. My eyes remained latched in moonbyul's direction, silently asking her why Taeyeon doesn't have my number when she clearly asked for it the other week. Instead of getting an answer, she just shrugged her shoulder and winked at me before facing the other side, acting like she was interested in buying the school supplies displayed.