Chapter 8

Yongsun

Hi, yongsun. This is taeyeon. Are you busy tomorrow? There's a newly opened coffee shop in town and people's feedback are excellent. I was thinking if we should try and visit it together? My treat.

I've been in trance and just staring dumbly at my phone for the whole 5 minutes after I received a text from the one and only Kim Taeyeon. She was inviting me for a coffee hangout, and I don't know how I should respond. After the disaster lunch (for me) back at her house, I seriously don't know if I should meddle in their lives anymore.

Wheein grabbed the phone out of my hand and read Teayeon's message again. Her eyebrows crumpled for the nth time before she gave the device back to me.

"Why do I think that she's asking you for a date."

I rolled my eyes at how absurd it sounded.

"Don't be ridiculous, whee. We both have our own families. I think she just wants to explain her side of the story about her disappearance. We didn't have the chance to talk about it last time."

Yes, we don't have the time to discuss such things because I lied and went home. She must be disappointed but I know she understands the situation I told her about. If she knew I lied, I don't think she'd be asking me for coffee anymore.

Hyejin saunters towards us with only a black robe covering her body. She was about to take a shower earlier but ran back into the living room when she heard me scream after I read taeyeon's message. I was dramatic, I know, but I was nervous. I didn't expect Taeyeon to contact me so soon after our last meeting.

"If that's the case, then go. It wouldn't be any harm right? Besides, moonbyul won't be there so you don't have to worry just like last time." Wheein added, opening the chips that hyejin brought.

"Correct. This is your chance."

I gave them a what-the-fuck-are-you-talking-about look and hyejin just rolled her eyes at me. She sat beside wheein with crossed legs, exposing her bare legs to us which Wheein immediately caressed while giving hyejin a seductive wink.

There they are with their flirting again.

This is how they bond, and I don't know if I should think something fishy is happening between them or what.

"Chance for what?" I asked when hyejin didn't respond.

"To get close to them.. and to byul. Maybe, just maybe.. if you spend time with them often, moonbyul will remember your role in her life before and her feelings will come back and it will be a happy ever after!" Wheein was the one who answered, clapping her hands like a seal as if she was excited about her own outrageous reverie.

If that happens, which I think is impossible, I would still do what is right and let moonbyul go. I can't just take her away from taeyeon, that would be impolite. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure moonbyul will choose her family over me.. over us, luna.

"Wheein, that's too selfish. Moonbyul can't come back to be with us just because she remembers me. She has her own family now. A family who stayed by her side and chose her despite any difficult circumstances."

"Here we go. You're blaming yourself again."

"Because that's what it is. I will not stop blaming myself for all that happened because, in the very first place, it's all my fault."

Tears swell in my eyes remembering those times we were happy and content. I hate how it gets me to tears every time I reminisce about our moments together. I'm still affected, hurting, and inlove with her, and that hasn't changed till now. I wish I was the one who forgets things so that I could forget the pain, sorrow, longing... and her as well.