Chapter 39

Yongsun

After about an hour or so, we arrived at the destination, and all I can say is, oh my god.

Months ago this was just an ordinary overlooking spot, with trees and minimal grass spaces around the corner, but now I see is the total opposite. If the previous one was already mesmerizing, this one goes above and beyond. It captivated me the moment I laid my eyes on the surroundings.

The open field that was previously empty now has a small stylish house in the center. The grassy area on each corner was also upgraded, and now has railings to secure whoever insane person tries to leap from up here to the bottom of the clip. Grasses as neatly trimmed, with landscape designs I couldn't quite explain but I just know it's beautiful. And lastly, I'm not sure what kind of lights are these or what are they called, but they're classy and exquisite. The bulb on these light posts is undoubtedly brighter than my future.

"Are we going to spend the night here?" I said after a minute of staring at the mesmerizing view. I'm still amazed at how much this place has changed. It was already breathtaking before, but now it was even more so.

Moonbyul just nodded at my query, and I didn't wait for her to explain further as I dashed towards the cliff's edge. I was bouncing around like a happy child anticipating my parents' sweet treats. When I arrived, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before exhaling it exaggeratedly.

This is pure bliss.

Moonbyul asked if I preferred eating inside or outside, and I suggested outside. How could I miss the view and the fresh air this place provides? I know I said I hate mosquitoes, but at this point, I don't care as long as I have a nice view of the sea and city lights.

Moonbyul began working on whatever she was doing while I was having fun watching the scenery upfront. I believe she is preparing the grill, chairs, fire, and the portable table on which she has placed various types of food were going to eat. We could literally cook inside the house, but we're here to camp. That means we're here to do things outside and not inside, obviously.
---

Jennie

"For the nth time, lisa. Leave kuma alone!"

I massage my temples first as I bend over to get kuma who's been traumatized when lisa playfully shove him into the pool. He was just admiring the water and how it sparkled when this monkey crept up behind him and poked his buttocks playfully. He almost falls due to surprise, but he manages to run to me, his eyes teary, as if he wanted to tell me what Lisa had just done. Oh, my poor baby.

"Kuma is easily scared these days. He doesn't even like coffee."

My girlfriend's remarks got me laughing in disbelief. Kuma isn't easily scared of anything, but he's particularly terrified of Lisa.

"He's afraid of you. You always make fun of him even if he's just sleeping on the corner."

"He's too adorable to ignore."

Lisa rose from her slouched position on the floor and made her way to our spot. Kuma was instantly alarmed by her movement and snuggled deeper into my lap, barking at Lisa's walking figure. However, instead of getting afraid of the dog's sound, lisa was unaffected. She was more fascinated by how kuma reacted to her presence that she was grinning to an extent while trying to soothe the dog.

"Bother your cats instead, not my dog."

Lisa pouted as she sat beside me, snuggling up to my neck while patting Kuma's head. The dog lets her touch him, but his eyes are wide open as if he's ready to flee Lisa's cruelty at any moment.