Chapter 32

"There she is!"

Lisa's voice echoed throughout the living room as she noticed the door open, revealing four people that saunter their way towards the middle. She recognized her best friend as the first one to enter, the second one was unfamiliar, but when the last two appeared, she realized who was the second woman trailing moonbyul.

She excused herself from the people she'd been speaking with and made her way to where Moonbyul and the three halted, smiling so wide as she stop in front of them. She gave Moonbyul a teasing smirk-- kinda mocking her because she figured out what was happening, before her attention was drawn to the woman standing timidly beside her bestfriend.

She can tell by the woman's beauty that this is none other than Kim Yongsun. She knows her friend's type, and she can tell this has to be the woman moonbyul's been crazily hoping to have.

"I presume this is our first meeting? My name is Lisa Manoban." Lisa extended her hand to yongsun, who responded with a slight smile at first, accepting her hand and shaking it without hesitation.

"Yes, though this is the first time we've met, you're no stranger to me. Moonbyul occasionally mentions you, so I'm quite familiar with who you are. By the way, my name is Kim Yongsun."

"And these are my friends, Jung Wheein and Ahn Hyejin."

Yongsun drew her hand back before indicating wheein and hyejin, who were standing behind them. The two immediately smile sweetly at Lisa, with wheein waving her hand slightly. The latter beams at them too, giving them a curt nod of acknowledgement.

"Yeah, I've met the other two before."

Hyejin and wheein were the ones who visited her house months ago, asking if she knew where moonbyul went or what they could do to find her. That was their first meeting, and that's when she knew they were Yongsun's best friends.

Compared to now, the two look more dashing and gorgeous in their dresses, because as far as she remembers, their first meeting wasn't so good. At that time, she can say the two don't have enough sleep, seeing the bags under their eyes and the exhaustion on their faces.

That leads Lisa to recall what Hyejin said before, that it's because Yongsun is in the hospital and they're the ones taking care of her.

"How are you anyway? Hyejin mentioned you got hospi--"

"I'm okay. Never been better."

Lisa didn't finish what she was about to say as yongsun answered with a flash, smiling in a manner that lisa guessed had a glint of nervousness. She looks her in the eyes, silently trying to figure out what's wrong, and she can tell yongsun doesn't want to talk about it.

The taller girl no longer probed for details, instead simply smiling at Yongsun and nodding slowly. The woman did the same, smiling again, but this time with relief in her eyes. She must have been bothered by the thought of her being hospitalized, and Lisa does not want to be the reason for Yongsun to remember any of those. So she returned her focus to Moonbyul, who had been quiet throughout the conversation.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Moonbyul was the one to open her mouth as she notice that Jennie wasn't near Lisa.

That comes as a surprise because Jennie is like a leech who is hard to separate from her friend. Whenever Lisa is around, there should be Jennie beside her at all times, holding her hand or clinging to her arm. It sometimes irritates moonbyul's eyes, but at this point, she doesn't care about all the sweetness the couple always made in front of her face. She'd either roll her eyes and ignore them, or she'd go find a place where she can't see them acting so couple-ly.