Chapter 46

Yongsun

I collapsed on my bed after a long day of doing nothing. But it wasn't exactly nothing; it was just walking and walking and walking and buying this one thing at the minimart. I've been sleeping all day long, and my body feels so weak and drained of energy that I'm reasonably sure I'm dead.

Kidding aside, I'm actually quite nervous.

Why?

Because I think I'm freakin pregnant.

Yes, you read that correctly. I genuinely think I'm pregnant. Every morning, I wake up with my stomach churning. The food I usually enjoy doesn't smell the same as it used to, and I've been craving nonsense and strange combinations of food lately which is, by the way, absolutely disgusting but tastes heavenly for me. I know it could be a coincidence, or it could be something in me that doesn't feel right, or it could just be that I'm sick, but I've been pregnant before. I know I am when I feel I am.

That's why after days of just isolating myself inside this lonely room, I finally went out to buy pregnancy tests at the minimart. I literally bought two just to make sure my assumption was correct.

I entered the bathroom and did what I needed to do. I then placed both pregnancy tests on top of the toilet lid while I waited patiently for the results. I'll be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, because I definitely am. My heart is pounding rapidly that I'm convinced this small organ will leap out of my chest any minute now. And to be completely honest, I'm not sure how I should feel if the result turns positive. I recently lost one child, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to bear another.

I waited for minutes, and every second that passed was torture. I was aware of the results, but I needed a reliable confirmation. I want to see it with my own eyes to reassure myself that this is no longer a dream, that I am awake, and that this is all real. I want to make sure that I will have Luna again.

I exited the bathroom and sat on my bed, clutching the pregnancy tests tightly against my chest. The result has just shown up and is now visible to my naked eyes but I'm not sure if I should believe it. As the softness of the mattress beats me, I sink into the bed, and tears that I didn't realize I was holding back stream down my cheeks continually.

The results are negative.
---

Moonbyul

I never drive my car at top speed, but this time I decided to defy the law. I didn't care if I went to jail or had to pay exorbitant fines; all that matters now is that I get to where Yongsun is as soon as possible. I'll deal with my reckless behavior later. Right now, I just want to talk things over with the woman I love.

I entered the hotel and went straight to the reception area.

As I bowed 90 degrees, the hotel receptionist smiled. She might have been perplexed by the unexpected greeting because I noticed her brows crease as I approached in front of her.

"Hi, can you tell me what room Kim Yongsun is staying in?"

My desperation is audible in my voice, and I'm sure the woman notices. She gets to work on her computer, checking to see if Yongsun Kim is staying at the hotel. She didn't say anything for a split second, but I knew she'd found her name when she smiled at me and asked,

"Do you have any relation with Ms. Kim, ma'am?"

"Umm, I'm her friend." I said, impatiently tapping my foot on the tiled floor. The woman nodded and returned her gaze to the screen. She's taking so long that I just want to go to the elevator and find her myself.