Chapter 28

a/n: ur trust issues are off to chart 🤣
--

Yesterday's event was a total bitch for eric. The rain was pouring nonstop resulting for the drains to overflow and streets to flood. He went to one of his dad's firms in the rural portion of the country, where the road was still unpaved. His car now appears to have come from a muddy carwash. It was a complete mess. It definitely needs a thorough cleaning.

He took a window wiper, a clean cloth, and a bucket of car soap with him. He also prepares the hose and turns on the faucet, to start the cleaning. However, before he can begin rinsing his car, something catches his eye. He came to a halt when another car—a dashing one, to be precise—parked outside his property.

He put down the hose and waited for the owner to get out of the car. He doesn't expect any visitors today, and he has informed his secretary that he is on leave, so he shouldn't be disturbed. Based on the appearance of the car, this appears to be one of his business investors.

He was, however, partially correct. It was definitely one of his investors.. a long time ago. Because the moment the person stepped out of the car, she walked straight to where Eric was standing, a mischievous grin formed on her pretty face.

"Long time no see, Eric."

Eric scoffed and grimaced at the person he didn't expect to arise from the dead.

"Tss, Moonbyul."
---

"What the hell was that?"

Hyejin dashed to the living room with wet hands when a loud slam of the door reverberated inside their quiet house. She was alarmed about where that sound came from that she hurriedly rushed to investigate. When she arrived at the living room, she noticed yongsun at the back of the door, blocking it and panting as if she had seen a ghost.

"This has to be a dream. This has to be a fucking dream!"

Yongsun was reciting, as if every word she spoke was a sacred prayer. She was even closing her eyes, and if she isn't already blocking the door, she will most likely clasp her hands together to successfully complete her prayer. Hyejin panicked and ran to her side, and her presence only made Yongsun panic even more.

"What do you mean it's a dream?" Hyejin tried to grab Yongsun's hands, but Yongsun beat her to it by grabbing both of Hyejin's shoulders and shaking her immensely.

"This is a dream, hyejin! This is! I know becau-- AAH!"

"What was that for?!"

Yongsun was sure her soul left her body when hyejin slapped her face to wake her up. The impact was so hard that she feels her teeth were on the verge of breaking. She rubbed her now reddened face and glared at hyejin, who still had an unreadable expression because she was still confused about what was going on. The pain was, however, useful. Yongsun become a little calmer now.

"Are you now convinced this isn't a dream?"

Yongsun didn't say anything as she let go of Hyejin's shoulder and blocked the door once more. There is no sound coming from the other side, and the person behind it made no attempt to knock again. She knows that they will eventually open the door and let her in any minute from now.

Yongsun bit her lower lip as a surge of panic overtook her senses once more.

"What's the matter with you? Why are you blushing? Do you have a crush on the delivery guy? Is he that attractive?"