Chapter 5

Yongsun.. well, let's just say her voice turned against her that even if she opened her mouth and tried to say something, it wouldn't come out.

When Moonbyul said she was Taeyeon's wife, her heart shattered into a million pieces, but the next thing the woman said was the last thing she expected, that she just hoped she'd pop like a bubble and become one with the wind. What does she mean about 'and you might be?'.

Fucking douchbag, you fucked me nine years ago!

The bridge in moonbyul's eyebrows wrinkled when yongsun stayed frozen at her spot with her eyes staring straight into her face without blinking. Moonbyul's expression can be identified as a woman who was confused at the other woman's aftermath. But she did her best to smile continuously, even if Yongsun was slightly freaking her out inside.

And before Yongsun could salvage herself from the humiliation of not saying anything even if moonbyul already asked for her name, taeyeon went back inside with a tray of grilled meat.

"Babe, grandma called. She said to call her back later after lunch." Moonbyul stated, extending her arm to help taeyeon with the grilled meat.

"Oh.. okay. She must be missing her granddaughter. You know how much Krystal means to her."

Taeyeon didn't hesitate to give byul the job as she glanced at the woman and smiled, feeling so in love.. or something yongsun can't quite explain. They've been staring like they're inside their own little wonderful world where no one exists, just them. And yongsun's eyes burn from the sight.

She hates it. She just wants to die this instant. She should've been in Taeyeon's position. She should be the one staring at byul like that. The story should not be like this. What is happening?!

As if teayeon realized they were not alone, she shrugged her thoughts off and smiled at yongsun.

"Well, ehem.. anyway." Teayeon cleared her throat, "Byul, this is my friend, yongsun."

Moonbyul gasped at the mention of the name as she pointed yongsun with her mouth agape. Of course, the confused woman stared at her with furrowed eyebrows, looking back and forth at Taeyeon-- who was beaming widely-- and moonbyul, who seemed to be seeing a celebrity.

"This is yongsun?!"

Did she now recognize who I am? Maybe she just forgot what I looked. It's been eight years since she saw me. Perhaps I look nothing like I was before?

"Y-Yeah.." Yongsun stammered, anticipating what she was going to say next.

"Oh my God, we've finally met! My wife always tells stories about you two. Good ones, don't worry. I'm so glad I've been able to finally see you personally."

Or not.

Bad news, moonbyul really forgot me. Great news, Taeyeon still shares our stories with everyone she knows.

A smile occurred on yongsun's lips-- which she's fully aware is surely a fake one-- before she looked in taeyeon's direction and did her best to smile at her too. Please, for the love of God, let my smile appear genuine.

This is the moment in her life when she just wants God to let her enter his kingdom of eternal life. This kind of setup is uncomfortable and hard to deal with. This may not be awkward for them, but for her it definitely is.

"Oh, I haven't introduced you yet. Yong, this is my wife, Moonbyul."

Yongsun stretches the skin of her lips to form a decent smile while nodding her head in moonbyul's direction, who the latter imitates her response and smile also.