Chapter 48

I was terrified of dying when I was a child.

I mean, I'm afraid of dying horrendously. I don't like seeing my own blood gushing out of me. So, as a child, I promise that if I'm about to die, I hope it's not as bad as being tortured, being in a car accident that splits my body in half, or anything with blood on it.

If I want to die, I want to die in my sleep. Where there is no pain or fear. You simply do not wake up the following morning.

However, this is not the case right now.

It's as if time has stopped and all I can see is Yongsun attempting to grab my hands but failed. She can no longer grasp my hand or stop me from falling.

It's too late.

All I can do is close my eyes... and wait for the ground to break every bone in my body. 

Is falling from the 5th floor doesn't hurt as I expected?

Because, on a scale of 1 to 100, I believe the pain in my body is only at 20%, and it also doesn't make sense because I'm sure falling on the ground would cause me to stop narrating my point of view on this story-- since obviously I'll be dead.

A tender but strong grasp encircled around my stomach as I feel my spine coincide on the hard flooring. Feeling the hard surface on my back, I already guess I'm on the ground floor. What's puzzling me is why the impact isn't as painful as I thought it seems, and why a squishy yet heavy mass is hovering on top of me.

"MOONBYUL YOU FUCKER!"

Were those angels?

But why is it cursing?

"OPEN YOUR FREAKING EYES SO I CAN STAB IT!"

That is strange.

I didn't expect angels to be so ferocious.

A foot kicked my crotch, causing me to hold my breath in extreme discomfort. Yongsun is the only person who is allowed to kick my precious baby, but this angel acts as if it already hates me by giving me a hard-ass kick as if I did something truly awful. I open my eyes to show this... whatever this is, a little piece of disciplining but I feel chills all over my body when I see nothing but a visibly upset devil standing next to me.

"Hye... H-Hyejin?"

If my eyes can pop out of their sockets, I think they're on the floor right now. Hyejin looks like she's ready to decapitate me, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified.

Moreover, behind her stands a middle-aged man who appears perplexedly watching us. I also take a look around, trying to figure out where we are and why I am here when I should be on the ground right now. I presume this is one of the hotel rooms because the design is similar to yongsun.

But it's still unclear why I'm here... or perhaps...

"What is going on? Hyejin, did you die too— argh!"

I was about to say something more when another kick landed on my stomach. At that point, I hurriedly stood up before Hyejin delivered another kick, and this time hit my face. It was excruciatingly painful, especially since she was wearing those thick shoes she bought from Satan himself.

"I surrender! Stop kicking me!" I say, raising my hands in the air while still trying to get my breathing back to normal.

"How dare you fall! Do you think you'll die this easily? No, you don't deserve to die just yet! I'm the only one who has the right to kill you, do you understand?"