Chapter 23

A faint knock on the door stops wheein and hyejin from shoving a spoonful of food into their mouths as they look at each other with furrowed eyebrows. They weren't expecting any visitors this morning, just in the afternoon when yongsun finally confirmed that she would talk to eric about their marriage. But eric told them that he would come over at exactly 5 pm because he's been dealing with important clients at the moment. It's not possible for him to be this early if that's the case.

They both remained seated as another knock on the door occurred. That's the time Hyejin dropped the spoon she was holding and stood up to open the door.

"Coming!"

She yelled at the person behind the door when another knock transpired. She hastily saunters towards the door and opens it with a confused smile plastered on her pretty face.

It faded the moment she opened the door though. Because the person she sees standing gloriously in front of her is the last person she expected to visit their house. There stood a barbie-like beauty, smiling like the ball of sunshine that she is.

"Uh, hi." The latter greeted and smiled.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're Lisa, right?"

As far as hyejin remembers, Lisa is the person they had talked regarding moonbyul's disappearance. They have contacted them through Seulgi who now lives in moonbyul's house. They have met 6 months ago, if hyejin recalls it well.

"The one and only."

Lisa replied with a smile, extending her hand to hyejin's side for a handshake. She accepted the gesture without thinking twice and shook it respectfully, earning another genuine smile from lisa. Hyejin assumed this woman came from work just by looking at the clothes she was wearing. But what she can't understand is what brought this person here.

"What can I do for you?" She asked, pulling her hand out of lisa's grip.

"Uhm, is yongsun here?" There is uncertainty in lisa's voice and hyejin is trying to figure out what it is.

"Depends on why you are asking." Hyejin replied.

Hyejin doesn't want to be rude for not opening the door and letting lisa enter their home, but when the topic leads to yongsun, she becomes slightly alarmed. She had witnessed yongsun's sleepless nights and all of her hidden cries. At this point, she didn't want anyone to hurt her friend again, let alone get closer to her. She had seen enough heartbreaks. It's time for her to guard the wall.

"Right.. uhm.."

Lisa hummed, understanding why hyejin acts differently. She hastily rummaged through her bag to find something, and hyejin just curiously watched her do her thing. It only took Lisa a few seconds before she got the envelope from her purse, raising the paper in the air with a slight smile on her face.

"I came here to give her this."
---

It's 5 in the afternoon and hyejin already sees eric's car parked across from their place. The guy steps out of his car and strolls toward their doorstep as hyejin already waits for him outside. She was watering the plants when the beep of a car caught her attention, twisting her head in the car's direction out of curiosity and shortly saw eric.

Eric stops in front of her and smiles afterwards. She nods in response, gesturing for him to come inside. The latter followed her without hesitation as hyejin stops when they were now inside the living room.

"She's in her room." She instructed eric.

"Thank you, hyejin. I'm sorry for this. I know I shouldn't be here--"