Chapter 19

Taeyeon and moonbyul were staring eye to eye, so intense and so dangerous, that if possible, the place was now about to catch on fire by how sharp they glared at each other.

The resentment in taeyeon's face is evident; she was looking at moonbyul with such disdain that she was probably swearing the latter mentally. Moonbyul, on the other hand, was dissatisfied with what was going on, particularly the sight of Taeyeon about to steal a kiss from Yongsun.

She had been watching the two interacting for more than an hour already. She didn't plan on letting her presence be known and was just intending to watch the two for as much time as she could consume. But when Taeyeon begins to act strangely-- leaning forward toward the perplexed yongsun-- she has no choice but to interrupt their date and stop taeyeon before her heart explodes into thousands of broken pieces.

"B-Byul?"

Yongsun repeated like she couldn't believe what she was seeing and hearing. Moonbyul just entered the picture, claiming she's hers and warning taeyeon to fuck off.

Is taeyeon supposed to be her wife and moonbyul should vent her anger on me? But why is she acting the opposite? Says yongsun mentally, whose mind was in pure chaos.

She was looking at them back and forth, trying to discern what the heck was happening and why they were acting like they were competing on something. However, the more she begged for answers, the more her head hurts with the unclarified reasons present in her brain.

Yongsun's eyes were locked on moonbyul who, thankfully, looked back at her. The glare moonbyul had a little earlier slowly disappeared and changed into what yongsun classified as fear. But knowing yongsun was directly looking at her, the fear vanished in an instant. It was gone before the woman could perceive its deeper meaning.

"I already gave you enough time to tell her the truth, moonbyul. I gave you an ultimatum."

Their moment had just come to an end when taeyeon spoke across them.

Yongsun jerked her head at the latter, but moonbyul kept her gaze fixed on yongsun. Her heart was pounding inside her chest and her stomach was churning anxiously. The revelation she's been avoiding is about to take place, and she wasn't totally ready for it.

Taeyeon continued to express her words, and just as then, moonbyul looked away from yongsun.

"I helped you enough, supported you from lying, and encouraged you to be an adult who faces problems. But instead, you stayed a coward and let things slip out of your hold. You let her be, you let her suffer, you left her. You messed up and now is my chance to make her feel special. So don't tell me I should fuck off. You should be the one to say that to yourself."

Moonbyul's hands were trembling that she failed to contain her feelings when her grip on yongsun's waist tightened. The action immediately grabbed the woman's attention, causing yongsun to turn her head back to byul with creased eyebrows. The woman's eyes are shaking, yet the determination in them is evident.

"W-What are you guys talking about? Can someone enlighten me, please?"

Yongsun can't help but ask when no one dared to open their mouths for a minute. They just glared at each other as if they were communicating with their eyes that could cut through any thick barriers. The tension is rising, and yongsun's desire to know what's going on intensifies. She'd been itching to know what their deal was but no one was giving her any definite explanation.

"Can you guys answer me?"

Yongsun tried for the second time and this is where moonbyul loosens her hold on yongsun. She slowly lowers her hand out of her waist, taking a moment to breathe evenly before sighing deeply with her eyes closed.