Chapter 16

Yongsun

I feel so anxious I think I'm about to empty my stomach right at this moment. Do I even have to explain why I feel this way? It's just.. it's too much to intake the idea of byul asking me out, or seeing her, or being with her for the rest of the day.

Well, she didn't literally 'ask me out'. I'm the one who brought up the topic of going out and such but it's not my fault when I thought she was Taeyeon since that woman always invites me to different places. She's at fault for not introducing herself instantly. With that said then I will still convince myself that she's the one who asked me out today. Fight me.

I drew out my compact mirror from inside my purse and scanned myself for one last time. I smile inwardly seeing my reflection. My hair falls sexily on my shoulder, my makeup is applied lightly just enough to highlight my flawless beauty, and my lips.. God, I know it's embarrassing to admit, but I took my time to brush my teeth multiple times and made sure my lips appeared enticing by applying light lipstick. I don't even know why I thought of getting ready this seriously. I don't dress to impress after Luna came, just this time I did. What's funny is that this is not even a date or such.

It's not, right?

"What's not?"

My heart just dropped on the ground and dig its own grave when someone's fingers grazed my exposed shoulder from behind. Cold sweats were trickling down my forehead and I swear I almost peed in my jeans at moonbyul's sudden arrival.

I turned around while holding my breath as long as I could and saw moonbyul grinning mischievously. I smile too, but I know I look tense. I must have murmured what I thought without realizing for her to ask me like that. I wonder what else I have mumbled? Did I also say I prepared like a teenage girl about to meet her crush? I hope not.

But those things even matter at this point when all I think is how stunning she looks right now? I assume she didnt even exert an effort to look this insanely good. God is unfair sometimes.

"Byul.."

I exhaled the breath I was holding before I took a deep breath again, inhaling the scent that moonbyul emits. Her smell is my addiction. I'm obsessed with it I could literally kill anyone for no apparent reason.

Moonbyul smiles in return, her eyes disappearing with the way she scrunches her face.

"Let me guess, you're not expecting me, right? You think you're meeting taeyeon?"

I nervously chuckled at what she said. Yes, my dumb ass indeed thought she was Taeyeon and that led us both outside the streets, with me doing my best to stand straight and her grinning like an idiot. If I knew, and if I had realized it sooner, I might have avoided being with her today. My feelings for moonbyul is still within me.. it is still clear as a night sky, and if this type of circumstances keeps coming and coming, then I don't know how long I can hold on. The moment will come when I'll relinquish myself to her again and again.

"No, I know it was you. Taeyeon doesn't sound authoritative in her messages. She's the total opposite of your bossy ass."

It's a half-truth, half-lie. It was late when I realized it was her but at least I knew it before I met her. I might have run in panic once I saw her coming instead of taeyeon.

Moonbyul raised her eyebrow as if she wasn't content with what I said. I can't blame her for thinking I was lying because I definitely sounded like one. Not to mention my face is probably as red as a tomato right now. This isn't what a normal, honest person looks and sounds like.