Chapter 47

/// Trigger Warning: Su*cide

The time moonbyul yelled yongsun's name, the woman spare a second to glance behind her before a weak, defeated smile appeared on her face. Moonbyul was stunned at her spot, feet cemented and stuck on the floor, and just staring at the woman on top of the railings who looks like is about to jump.

She can't believe a time like this will come. A time when she will see yongsun giving up on life and just deciding to end it. The yongsun she knew fought hard. She always triumphs in her battles, might be hard or not.

Maybe it's too much? Perhaps she is carrying a heavy burden within? Perhaps she has had enough of fighting? Because as what byul can see in front of her, yongsun is completely defeated by life.

"Y-Yong.. don't, please."

Moonbyul moved cautiously as if she was trying to avoid doing something that would trigger Yongsun and cause her to jump off the railings. She was trembling on the inside just by looking at her in that position. It's making her sick. If byul can fly or teleport to where yongsun is currently standing, she may have done so just to put an end to this madness.

"You've found me."

Yongsun murmured, half smiling, half crying. 

Half smiling because she was relieved that somehow moonbyul is still concerned about her situation. Half crying, because yongsun fears byul's arrival is too late.

"I always do. I'll always find you. So please, yong, for the love of god, get down."

Yongsun ignored her and gazed down at the bustling city below. When her attention is on something else, byul gradually took advantage of the opportunity to get closer to the girl. Her steps are quiet and precise, slow and calculated, just enough to not let the latter notice her attempt of pulling her back down to safety.

"Byul.."

Byul came to a complete halt when she heard her name mentioned.

"Remember when I was drunk and you made love to me while I was unconscious?"

"Yes, and I sincerely apologize for taking advantage of you that night. I should be punished."

"Don't apologize. You made me the happiest woman alive after that."

Despite the fact that Yongsun is not looking at her, byul senses her smile. She didn't have to think hard to know why she was the happiest at that time. She knew it was because of Luna.

Byul continues to speak to lengthen the conversation as she moves closer to the girl.

"Was it because of luna?"

It comes as no surprise to Yongsun that Byul knows the identity of her daughter. She has a feeling that one of her friends will somehow break the news to her, but she didn't realize how quickly byul knew.

Moonbyul is brokenhearted about luna, but what breaks her heart even more is why yongsun didn't tell her about it. Byul knows she is partially the one to blame for her daughter's death, because nothing like this would have happened if she had stayed in Seoul.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Byul asks, earning a sigh from the latter.

"I was about to, but taeyeon happened and I don't want to cause any trouble with it. Besides, she's gone. You don't have to take part of any responsibility just like taeyeon's situation."

"But I deserve to know. She's my daughter too."

The wind blows heavily and moonbyul became more concerned. She's afraid she might get yongsun late and the girl will slip on her stance. She doesn't want to see it happening. Just the idea of witnessing yongsun falling to her death is making moonbyul sick.