-55- The second party

The party was wild. Chan had told I.N that since they were staying in their own apartment, the maknae could drink as much as he wanted to. He had left with the biggest grin on his face, and Seungmin had shook his head seeing their baby leave for the kitchen . "Poor kid doesn't know you're testing him, does he?" "Yeah well, better he goes overboard now than somewhere else later. Seungmin had to agree to that and the two raised their own glasses in a silent toast.

Since the invitation to Ateez had come at the last minute, there were no special events planned for the night but it didn't matter. They had food, beverages, music and good company – everything needed for a great party. Changbin was drinking too much, but Wooyoung was keeping up. The Lovey and Dovey duo was on fire and Chan enjoyed seeing his friend letting loose. From time to time Changbin would start an angry rant about Park Jin-young, and Wooyoung would rile him up even further with "yeah, you tell him Binnie " and so on. Chan didn't miss the heart eyes Wooyoung was sending the dark rapper, whenever he didn't think Changbin would notice.

Felix and Chan tried to socialize and not get caught up in their own little bubble. However they kept gravitating towards each other, and most of the time Felix sat in Chan's lap. They both found it easier to talk to other people when they at least shared some physical contact. Chan found himself stroking Lixi's tight or back like if he was addicted to touching his boyfriend. Felix was beaming with joy the entire evening, his hand going up to touch the pendant on his necklace over and over again to make sure it was still there. Nobody could deny the beauty of the jewellery piece, but the meaning behind it was even more beautiful to Lixi. He would never take it off. Their noonas would just have to work around it.

When Chan saw Seongwha heading for their kitchen, he excused himself and left Felix on the sofa with a light kiss. He stopped in the kitchen doorway and watched Ateez' handsome singer, as he refilled his glass with white wine. Seongwha put his glass down on the counter before he started to put abandoned glasses in the sink to be cleaned. The domestic situation made Chan chuckle lightly, and Seongwha turned around as if he had been caught doing something naughty. "Don't mind me. Everyone is allowed to help in this household," Chan teased. Seongwha grinned back. "Sorry, it's a habit. I'm constantly cleaning up after the others, to the point where I obviously don't think about it anymore." "No worries. We'll clean up tomorrow. I came to apologize to you for my bad behavior the last time I saw you." The elders face now held a serious expression.

"Chan hyung, you have nothing to apologize for. I saw you with Felix tonight and I understand. Congratulations." Seongwha's smile was genuine and warm. It made Chan ashamed that he had ever thought anything bad about the singer. "Thank you. That's very kind of you." Seongwha's eyes shifted to someone behind Chan and his warm smile became radient. Choi San strolled into the kitchen and grabbed the other singer's hand before he looked back at Chan. "Thank you for being a jealous bastard, Chan hyung." San grinned until Seongwha elboed him in the ribs, making him fold over with a huff. "Behave!" The interaction made Chan's eyebrows shoot up. "I'm sad to say that I can't deny the jealous part, but care to expand on the thank you?"

San and Seongwha shared a look, before San nodded to Ateez' visual giving him a signal to go ahead. "I don't know why Sanjook here thinks it ok to call you jealous, because after I left my room on your request at the last party, he came up to me and asked if you had ruined my "fun". I didn't understand why he sounded so bitter, but I told him what you had said and done." At this point Seonghwa looked at Chan apologetically. "You weren't acting like yourself, and I didn't get it. Then Sanjook told me you were obviously jealous." The corner of San's mouth pulled up in half a smile. "And this idiot looked at me like if I was speaking a forein language." San pulled up Seonghwa's hand to kiss it gently. "To me it was clear as day, so I asked if he had never been jealous before seeing someone he's interested in flirting with someone else." Seongwha and San smiled now. "Imagine my surprise when he told me that has never happened to him. No, this saint just gets sad and assume that the other person isn't interested if they show someone else too much attention." Seongwha laughed a little awkwardly. "Yeah, whenever I saw you with Wooyoung I just backed off." "Idiot! Your lack of response made me think that you had no interest in me whatsoever."

Chan stared at the them, realizing captain Hongjook had indeed been right about the two of them being in love. San shrugged. "Long story short. It made me realize that I couldn't gauge his feelings for me the way I had been trying to, and we ended up having an actual conversation about us. And now we're official. Well, within our group and amongst our friends anyway." Chan gave them a huge smile. "That's great news. Congratulations to you too. Know you're always welcome and safe here." The singers thanked him and the three talked a bit more before Chan returned to the living room with new drinks for Felix and himself.

Felix was still sitting in the sofa where Chan had left him, and he was talking with Mingi, looking like a real snack. How long did they have to play hosts? Biting his lip he refrained from going back to the sofa. He just wanted to observe Felix for a little while. He loved seeing the younger in excited conversation, scrunching his nose slightly whenever the two laughed. Chan wasn't jealous anymore – he knew Lixi belonged to him now and didn't mind sharing his sunshine.

Minho who had been in Minsung's room, returned to the living room and sat down in the loveseat next to Jisung. The younger leaned in, getting comfortable next to the elder's body. "It's time for you to go to bed now, Hannie." Minho said as a matter of fact. "No way, it's still early." Jisung pouted like a small child, but Minho didn't relent. "Hannie, I didn't object to cooking tonight so I would have the energy to talk to our guest. I rejected it because I wanted the two of us to celebration on our own, or did you forget about that?" Minho stroked his hand up Jisung's arm and gripped his upper arm tightly. Slowly he increased the pressure until Jisung had to let out a small whimper.

"Now you're going to be a good little kitty cat and excuse yourself from this party, and take a shower in the small bathroom before you go to our room. Everything you need is laid out on our bed. I'll be in there in 20 minutes." Jisung couldn't stop himself from blushing, and he tried to hide his face in the crook of Minho's neck. When he still had not moved after a full minute, Minho sighed. "I can bring the outfit here if you want to. Nobody is likely to object to the ears, but I'm not sure how I'll insert the...." Jisung was on his feet yelling "I'm going. I'm going!" to stop Minho from talking. He left the living room beet red, heading for the bathroom like he had been told to. The purple haired watched him go with amusement, before he looked at his clock. 20 minutes – starting now.

When all the guests had left, except the ones that decided to sleep over, Felix found himself in Chris' room once again. He hadn't slept in his own bed for several nights now, and he didn't intend to either. Maybe Binnie would get his wish and they could turn his room into a home gym like the dark rapper had nagged about all night. The thought made him smile as he took of his white shirt.

Chan was also undressing. It was late and they were both tired, but Chan was grateful to share his bed with Lixi even though they didn't intend to do more than sleep. When he was completely naked he jumped under the covers. Felix was taking his time, and when he had taken off all his clothes he made a point of removing his earrings and rings slowly. The only piece of jewellery that stayed on was the necklace Chan had put on him earlier tonight. Looking at his boyfriend naked except for his Initial around his neck, made Chan so damn proud and happy.

"Come here, Lixi." Chan lifted the duvet to welcome him into the bed. The blond climbed into bed and snuggled close. "You look so perfect like this. If i wasn't so tired I'd show you how much I love you." Felix kissed Chan's chest in response and murmured: "You're already showing me by holding me, stupid." Chan made a humming sound, too tired to do anything about the "stupid" comment right now, but he would remind Lixi tomorrow. Felix was silent for little while but then he spoke up. "Chris, I promised I would never take it off, but what if I take a shower or something and forget to put it back on?" "No worries, little one." Chan stretched out his hand and turned off the light on the bedside table, making the room pitch black.

"Then I would simply have to punish you."