-36-

At the same time:
Jisung knocked on Felix' door, and entered without waiting for an answer. "Hey, do you want to join me and Minmin for a trip to the cat cafe? I burned way too much energy during the video shoot. I need cake!" His best friend gave him a warm smile and got up from his bed, where he had been resting. "I'd love to!"

When they arrived at the cat cafe, Minho treated Felix and Jisung to both cheese cake, hotteok and green tea. In stead of sitting down with them, the elder kissed Jisung on the forehead and stroked his chin with affection. The look the two shared would have made Felix blush, but he was too intrigued as he watched them. There was so much affection and love there. It looked like they shared such a deep bond, that they didn't need words to express themselves. They simply understood.

When Minho broke their little moment, and finally walked over to sit on the floor by the cat tower in the corner, Jisung shook his head slightly. He was trying to clear his head and get back to reality so he could focus on his best friend. Jisung blushed when he saw the look Felix was giving him. "What?" he asked before deciding it was easier to look at he food in front of him. "Oh, nothing. I just haven't seen Minho be so... soft around you before?" Felix' tone made the statement a question. "Maybe soft isn't the right word. I mean he has always looked at you with affection, but this was something else." He shrugged and grabbed for his fork, mirroring Jisung.

The squirrel made a hmmm sound while he stuffed his mouth with cake. "Minmin has changed these last days, ever since we started on the Maniac project. It's always been good between us. I have never missed anything or been unhappy. Well, except for you know... keeping us a secret." Felix took a sip of his hot tea, and then smirked. "Yeah, you two are the best kept secret in our whole fandom. Sure." Jisung boxed his upper arm, and they laughed together. "No, seriously. There is a big difference between people guessing and people knowing. We always have to dial it down as much as we can. Well, we used to. Minho is starting to relax."

Felix wiggled his eyebrows. "Sounds exciting. What does he do when he relax?" Jisung rolled his eyes. "It's small things. Like now for instance. He didn't care if someone might be watching us. He's been giving me hickeys and love bites, too." This time Jisung blushed for real, but he wanted to share this with his best friend. "He says he can mark me as his own now," he finished in a low voice.

Felix swallowed involuntarily. The thought of being marked and claimed was a bit too much. It made something deep inside him stir, and this was not the time to analyze what that was. To change the subject he asked: "What about our noonas?" Jisung shrugged. "It wasn't a problem today, at least. She just smiled to me and winked!" The squirrel looked a little perplexed at the memory.

They kept enjoying their food and drinks for a while, praising the different flavors and the chef's talent. When they were finished, Jisung moved his chair so he could observe his boyfriend, who was petting three different cats who demanded his attention at the same time. "Everything is going to change now, Lix." His thoughtful expression made Felix hum an encouraging sound, so his twin would continue. "We have worked so hard the last nine days, but we have never talked about what will happen if we fail. What will happen if there is no more Stray Kids? What will happen to us if we can't live together? I know we would continue in the industry, but it wouldn't be the same would it? It scares me to think that in just a few days we might lose everything familiar to us. It's a high risk, high reward gamble."

Their little celebration of a job well done today, was turning into a downer. Felix kept quiet, while he kept biting his lip, deep in thought. "So, if there is anything you would like to do before we are possibly forced to disband, you better do it soon." Jisung patted Felix leg, and gave him a teasing smile, intending to lighten up the mood. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean," Felix said tartly. "Oh come on! I have seen how the two of you have been growing closer. Minmin isn't the only one changing, Lix." The Aussie blew a few strands of hair out of his eyes with a big huff. "That might be, but I don't think I'm enough of an emotional masochist to try my luck again."

They both jumped when Minho suddenly stood next to their table. The elder put his hand of Felix' shoulder. "High risk, high reward, Lix. Remember that. If there is something to gain, you fight and win!"