Chapter 43 Alexei

Start from the beginning

"Target locked." I say confidently, drawing the girl's attention.

"What?" They both ask in confusion, following my line of sight and then grinning at me in realization.

"He's gorgeous." Angelina says quietly.

"What are you going to do, Abby?" Alicia giggles out. "You're not allowed to date, right?"

"Oh I'm going to date that boy." I say confidently, standing up.

"You can't just go over there and make him date you." Angelina says challengingly.

"I'm Abigail Black, there's nothing I can't do. Now, excuse me ladies." I say proudly, winking at them as I puff up just like Dad does when he gets cocky about a woman. 

I walk over to the Durmstrang students, letting my pace be laid back and confident, the Black family charm oozing off me as I approach the group, coming to a stop in front of my target.

"Hello, my name is Abigail Black, welcome to Hogwarts. May I get your name?" I ask smoothly with a smile.

"Alexei Orlov." The boy responds back with a soft smile. "It is an honor to meet you." He adds on. He's tall and broad shouldered, and has dark green eyes and medium length dark blonde hair. His face is sculpted and strong with a wide jaw. His accent is heavy, but I can tell it's Russian and a hint of something else. 

And just like that, with his one sentence, I remember my great weakness to Russian accents.

"How are you liking it here so far?" I ask casually as I fall into step with him, his classmates all stepping back a bit to allow me to walk with him, the boys not so subtly smirking at him and the girls sending me shock filled glares. Viktor isn't here with them now, probably in the library stalking Hermione already.

"This castle is beautiful." He replies honestly, looking around it. "And each time I come in here for classes, I find something more beautiful." He says this line looking directly at me, and I smile warmly at him.

"Yes, it does get better and better looking each time. Even now, after 6 years, it just got a little bit better looking." I say charmingly with a wink, and he grins at me.

"Are you busy? I would love a tour of your school." He asks me genuinely.

"Sure, I'm going for a walk through it now." I say with a smirk. "Can you hold this for me?" I hold out my free hand to him, looking distracted with my bookbag in my other hand. I spent the better part of a year doing cheesy pick up lines with Roger, I couldn't resist using one now.

"But of course." Alexei says confidently with a chuckle, taking my small hand with his large one. He says something to his classmates in a way of parting, and I throw a smirk to my friends who I knew were watching this whole time, and they both erupted in giggles from the other side of the courtyard and threw me a thumbs up.

I took Alexei all around the school, showing him all the points of interest and asking him questions about his school. It was evidently much smaller than ours, and surrounded by mountains and snow.

"I quite like to ski, there's not many places to do that here, but I guess you could do that any time at your school." I observe towards the end of our tour, which brought us back to the Great Hall since it's almost dinner time now. We still held hands as we walked through the whole school, and towards the end of the tour his thumb started to caress the back of my hand.

"It is one of my favorite hobbies, if I'm not playing quidditch." He admits.

"What position do you play?" I ask, leading him towards my table in the hall and he follows casually. I spot the twins staring open mouthed at me and I send them a wink, and a subtly message to the girls for them to keep the twins away.