Chapter 9

After a couple days I'm back in school sitting next to Justin. 
"Hey come to Camerons place after school" he whispers looking at the text book making the teacher think he's just talking to himself.
I nod and head back to studying for Math.
******
At lunch we sat together in silence him just staring into the distance and me making sure the whore doesn't come over. 
We were lucky.
Although i saw her contemplate it and i gave her a glare that said it would be a lot worse.
She ran like a dog with its tail in between her leges. 
Bitch.
******
After school i head to my room drop my stuff off and head to Camerons where i see Carters car there.
I wonder what this is about. 
I park my truck,F150 Ranger, and head inside knocking before letting myself come in. 
"Hey how's going" Carter asks looking at me worried.
"Im doing good a little nerve racked about dad but good" i reply plopping down onto the couch.
Cameron rounds the corner with the boys in toe and i know something's wrong.
"Cam whats going on?"
"I we have something to tell you" she says and i stand up slowly.
"What do you need to tell me?"
"There's no need to be defensive love" Justin says taking a step toward me. 
I relax and bit but don't relax fully.
"We are.......we are apart of The Mafia" Cameron says and i blanche.
"That's-thats why you gasped at my dads name you knew him!"
"No no i never knew him! But Mr. Hart-Justins dad does" Cameron explains "I've heard stories but you inly proved them right in a way"
Im shaking. In shock,devastation, and worry.
"Now if you wish to join us you can, I've talked to my dad and he said yes, please love I don't want to see you hurt" Justin says reaching towards me and holding my shoulder.
"Whats you name"
"Excuse me?"
"You Mafia name, your groups name too"
He sighs "Were known as The Californian Devils, my name is the Heartbreaker" he sighs again "i got that name because every time i would kill something it would be in the heart or if it didn't hit the heart i would tear it out"
I shuddered at the thought. 
"Im known as the blueberry killer, Asher is known as the silent assassin, jake is known as the Black-heart, Colton is the Laughing Assassin, and Damian is known as Heart Stopper"
I shake silently in shock.
"We want to help you" Damian says with such softness that it's hard for me to see him as the heart stopper. 
I look around at them Carter, Justin then my hands, thinking. 
I take a few breaths to calm myself down and stop the shaking. 
"I-i need a minute" i say and rush out. 
Third Person Pov:
Everyone watched as Marian ran out the room trying to figure out her life. 
Carter went to go and follow her but Justin stops him. 
"She needs a minute leave her alone" Justin growls at Carter but he doesn't back down.
"Oh and how would you know that?! You weren't there most of her life! She needs someone!" Carter fires back at Justin.
"Oh yeah? Well do you realize when a women says she needs space or a minute it means 'stay the fuck away from me' did you know that?" Damian says to Carter.  "I've lived with one my whole life and i learned that pretty fast so let her be!"
Carter huffs and heads to the back yard.
Marian heard the whole conversation and was thankful for the boys helping her out. 
It was true she need alone time to think. 
She was afraid-terrified that her father was hunting her.  She didn't want her friends hurt but she also needed an alliance so she decided.
Marian Pov:
I decide. This could hurt me or my friends but I've decided.
I walk back into the house and straight to the frigid where i grab an water. 
I breath calming my beating heart. I take swig of the water before turning around and walking right to Justin till i have to crane my neck to look at him. 
"My father will hurt you all just to get to me, he will stop at nothing, and if that means killing innocents then he'll do it" i say only looking at Justin.  "I will join you guys but we need.....a place in which all of us can stay at like a base"
I look around to see everyone is looking at Justin. 
"My dad is the boss, I'm his son, we have a huge place in which you guys can stay at" he says holding my hands, he then lowers his head and whispers in my ear, it gives me butterflies"is he in the Mafia?"
I shake my head "but he knew"
Justin nods then steps back.
I release the breath i was holding in while he was whispering to me. 
"Who's your dad?"
"Clinton Hart, aka the Devil" Damian says with such dark tone in starting to think this guy is actually the devil.
"Mj stay here tonight" Cameron says.
"But Odessa....." i trail off needing no further explanation.
"Fine but im coming with you" she says hooking her arm threw mine. 
******
Hey guys hope like this chapter and please vote and keep reading i would really love it 🥰
-Emma Anne