An awkward relationship

I sat in my math course, not paying any attention. I was too busy thinking about the jobs just floating around, and I couldn't get Dean out of my head. A lot had happened in that last job, maybe I should just tell you that.

***************

We had found a possible source for all the possessions, but we couldn't trust anyone. Everyone wanted to slip Sam and Dean to the demons or the angels, I was lucky to be unknown by most. Finally Dean slammed his hand down on the table. "This is stupid, why can't we just charge in?" "Because if we're wrong then we have a nest of demons and vampires on us. What do you prefer?" Sam answered, anger in his voice. Dean stood up and walked outside, I sighed and followed him up to the car where he pulled out two beers. He passed one to me and I opened it, glad for the cool drink in the hot air.

"So, do you..." "Drink a lot of demon blood, nah. I'm no Sam, sorry to disappoint." Dean sat up on the hood of his precious car. "Why don't you tell me the whole story, you're the only one who's lived it." I opened my beer and took a sip. "Not right now, story for another day. Thanks for killing that demon bitch Ruby for me, I wanted to stab her years ago." Dean snorted and took a sip of his beer. "You okay to..." The next thing I knew he was kissing me. Dean, kissing me! Instinct took over and I slapped him, then pushed him away with my feet. "What the hell?!" I shouted. He put his hand up to his cheek where I had hit him, but I turned and stormed off back into the motel room. Sam and I got a lot of progress done, until Dean finally walked back in. His cheek was still red, but Sam didn't notice.

"Here, Revelations. They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?" Dean looked up and shrugged. "That could mean anything." "No, because they are asking for someone to hide them, no better way than to possess humans, they can be hidden until their father comes. God will smite them if they are revealed." "Okay, but why here and why now?" "After the four horsemen are released, and after the moon turns to blood and the stars fall to Earth, that is when this is set to happen." Dean and Sam exchanged a glance. "So you have dealt with the moon and stars." They nodded, and I turned back to my Bible. "Then we have one choice. We have to save them." "How?" "Massive exorcism, send them back to hell, get them out of the way."

——————————

It was a long shot plan, but in the end it had worked. We got back to the motel, I had booked the room next door. I was going through the signs of the apocalypse, trying to find where the next strike on humans would be. A knock at my door jolted me out of my revelry, and I walked to open the door. I was only partially surprised to find Dean standing on my doorstep. Realizing I was only dressed in a long t-shirt and not much else, I reached for a robe. But Dean just walked in anyway, so I didn't bother. I sat on my bed, Dean. The boy who confused me, who hated me and liked me at the same time. I knew in his mind I was another thing he wanted to hunt, that's what I thought at the time.

Dean came and sat next to me on my bed. "Dean...what are you doing here?" I asked, seeing as he wouldn't talk. "I wanted to apologize, for earlier. I didn't think..." I cut him off with a finger to his lips and a short laugh. "You don't need to apologize, I was...surprised. But you don't need to apologize." Thoughts ran through my head. I had to be careful, what could happen next could change my life. Do I tell him the truth or... "In fact...I wouldn't mind if you do it again." The shock on his face made me smile inside. Then he pulled me close to him and whatever happened next was up to us, no angels or demons just us. We pulled apart for a moment, and I looked up at him. "Sam is next door, just be quiet." And we were just that.

****************

It had been a month since then, and I knew it wouldn't be long until I saw them again. Then my math prof called on me to answer a question. I looked up and stared at the board. "Um..." I was saved by a knock on the door and my history professor came in to take me out. I packed my stuff up, and gave my teacher a look. Then I followed him out and down to his office. He began to laugh as we entered the room. "Oh Maeve, you act like I can't tell who and what you are." I had dropped my bag on the floor and was already prepared. I thrust him against the wall and he laughed again. His eyes turned black and I knew what I had to do.

"Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica. Ergo, draco maledicte. Ecclesiam tuam securi tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos! " Black smoke poured into the air and out the door. The door burst open and the boys came running in. "You okay?" Dean asked. I nodded, and grabbed my bag. "Yeah, I'm fine, but now. I'm hunting with you more." They nodded and we headed out of town.