Chapter 48

I woke up quickly, shooting up from my nightmare again. I saw Inko looking at me and I moved to the end of the couch, curling into myself. "I-I'm sorry. Sorry. S-sorry. I'm s-sorry." She slowly moved onto her knees next to the couch, looking at me and putting her hands in front if me. "Hey baby. It's okay. You don't have to apologize. I'm right here. I'm not leaving, I'm not going to hurt you. I looked at her, swiping the tears from my face and searched for a hint of lying. I couldn't find any and she continued. "Can I hold you baby? I slowly nodded and she got back on the couch, pulling me backwards into her lap. I slowly took one of her hands and began tracing on it. "Baby?" I hummed wanting her to continue. "Was it the same as last time." I shook my head, remembering the dream again. "What was different baby?" My entire body tensed, scared if what might happen. "Y-you didn't leave this time. You just s-stayed and hurt me. And t-told me how bad I a-am. How I'm d-disgusting." I took my hand away from tracing hers and gripped each of my arms tightly. "A-am I disgusting? C-can I fix it?" She turned my head to look at her whispering to me. "You are not disgusting. You are so perfect baby." As she said this she took my hands from their iron grip on my arms. "I d-dont want to be disgusting. Pl-please how do I fix it?" She shushed me, kissing my head and looking at me softly. "Baby listen to me. You are not disgusting. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You are perfect. Okay?" I nodded, carefully and slowly, not entirely sure what I was agreeing to. "Baby do understand what I'm saying?" I shook my head. "Okay beautiful. We can talk about this when your back in you head. Your pretty head. Okay?" I nodded again and took her hand to trace again.