Chapter 37

When I woke up Inko was still petting my head whispering praises to me. "Hey baby. How'd you sleep my prince?" I smiled a little and hummed. I didn't want to talk at all for some reason, so I just stayed quiet. Inko kissed my head, letting me be. After a while she spoke. "You feeling nonverbal right now baby?" I nodded, focusing on her hand running through my hair. "Okay baby. Just wanna stay her fir a while?" I shrugged, whatever she wanted to do. "Okay baby. Why don't we stay her for a bit until you want to get up okay?" I nodded again, laying my head onto her chest. I felt her lay her head against mine and I purred, feeling warm and content. After a while I felt like my voice returned to me and I whispered, "I'm sorry A-alpha." She shook her head. "For what baby?" I pushed my head down so she couldn't see my face. "For being annoying." She kissed my head before replying. "How were you annoying baby?" I moved my arms to wrap around myself, making myself seem smaller. "I didn't talk at all and we just layed her because of me." She pulled me closer. "Baby it wasn't your fault, you just didn't feel like talking and that's fine. And I love being able to hold you." I sat up angry at myself. I gripped my sides, trying to disappear into myself. "Just cause I didn't feel like it doesn't mean I should make you deal with it! I'm so fucking bothersome!" I began yelling angry at myself and unable to control my voice. "Baby it's okay. You aren't bothersome and you aren't making me deal with it." Inko remained calm, despite my volume. "No! It's not okay! I do all these stupid things and all I do is annoy you! You should just leave me and be happy!" Tears were falling down my face as I screamed. Inko took a deep breath before responding again. "I am happy. Here with you. You haven't done anything to annoy me." I shook my head. "No! It's not true! I'm gross, and fat, and annoying!  I'm supposed to make you happy but I can't do that!" Inko moved towards me. "Toshi! Quit! It's okay!" I whimpered, moving down and baring my neck. I began slowly moving away before getting up and running to the bathroom, locking the door. I slid to the floor, gripping my hair tightly. "God dammit! I'm so stupid. I made her mad. She deserves better than me. Our pup deserves better than me." I heard banging on the door before Inko began yelling through it. "Baby! I'm sorry! Open the door please. Are you okay? Come on baby!" I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. She had quit yelling trying to hear my response. "I-I'm sorry A-alpha. I love you." I whispered and she began banging harder on the door. "Come on baby! Let me in! Please! I'm sorry baby! I shouldn't have yelled!" I stayed silent and she began hitting the door. "Baby! Open the door or ill have to make you!" I slowly got up, looking down as I opened the door. Inko quickly scooped me into her arms, rocking me and petting my head. "Oh baby. I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't have yelled." I shook my head at that. "No. I-I shouldn't have y-yelled. You were j-just responding." She kissed my head, wiping a few of my tears away. "No baby. Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault. Okay baby?" I shrugged not wanting to make her angry by saying no. She lifted me up whispering in my ear, "Let's go lay down again baby. I'll scent you to help okay?" I nodded. She isn't leaving. We layed down and she held me to her chest beginning to scent me. "I'm right here baby. It's okay. You're such a good boy."