Chapter 49: Bloodhounds

Start from the beginning

"ROWAN, ROWAN WE'VE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM!!" He's running so fast that when he makes it to my office he slams right into Linc who he almost takes down but they manage to stabilize themselves.

We all look at him waiting to see if he has a new problem or if he's just late to the party that is this monstrosity. However, it is entertaining watching him trying to catch his breath with his hands on his knees heaving.

"Some- someone leaked a copy of- of your contact... to the media. Oh my god, I'm out of shape."

It would be funny if this situation wasn't so fucked. "Yeah, Luke I know. And there is a hoard of blood-hungry news people and vans outside that know it too."

"Oh, yeah okay. Well, what are we gonna do? Like how did they even get that, who would even have access to that and why give it to the press when every single person that enters that building signs an NDA."

He had a good point, legally I would be able to nail this person to the wall for violating the NDA that they most likely signed if they had access to this goddamn file. But on the other side of things when I get my hands on this person I'm gonna burn them to the ground.

"What is all the yelling about, Rowan please tell me this isn't true. Tell me someone didn't leak a part of our contract to the press." My dad was walking down the stairs, phone in hand with Andy trailing right behind him.

"I wish I could tell you that it wasn't but unfortunately the bloodhounds have the right scent. So now, short of letting Matty have target practice, how do we get them off of the front lawn?" Andy, of course, looked stressed though I suppose that is his regular state and my father looked slightly amused.

"I'm in favor of some target practice for the boy but that probably wouldn't look too good on the twelve o'clock news. And legally as long as the hounds are on the street outside the gate there on public property." He made himself comfy in one of the chairs in front of my desk and Andy was pacing.

"Our first problem is finding out who leaked the contract to the press then we deal with them and find out if it's a move against the company or against me and the North. I have Candy on it and if anyone can find this son of a bitch it's her."

He chuckled and leaned his head over the back of the chair, "This situation will only get worse if more of the contract is released. The paparazzi are one thing but having the FBI on us would not be ideal."

"No shit." We all looked at Luke who was still in the doorway and hadn't quite gotten the hit to sneak out the door with the others when my dad came in.

Andy shot him a glare, and with that Luke ducked out of the room. Most likely going to find the others or a way to fix this disaster.

Hopefully the latter.

I walk around the desk and take a seat in my chair, Andy's still pacing in the space next to me and muttering about Luke under his breath.

"Has Elliot called yet, is he even awake? What time is it in Washington?" Through the doorway, I saw Mira walking back to my office with Luke with her.

"Seven-fifty, and no call yet but he may also not be awake yet. But I'm surprised that I haven't gotten any calls from Maggy, she's usually up at the crack of dawn." Derrick was clicking through his phone, probably checking the news site to make sure any more of the contract was making the circuits.

Mira comes to a stop in the doorway, Luke next to her partly hiding behind her. "They're still out there shoving their cameras in the security face for a quote from you Rowan. I hate to ask again but what do you want us to do?"

I lean back in my chair and close my eyes because I have absolutely no idea. I never expected that this would happen and that I would have to try and figure out how to be in the public eye with the media and shit. Elliot always dealt with it, he was good at it and I was most definitely not.