Chapter 57: War zone

They drove up to the parking lot of War Zone.Lilly closed all the curtains of the RV.'We can't all go in..' Lilly said crossing her arms turning to the others. 

'Eddie's on the bench for sure.' Robin said as she stood next to Lilly.'We also need someone old enough to buy us all the shit we need.' Lilly said as she turned to look at Steve.He rolled with his eyes.'Of course.''You need some clothes anyway you look horrible.' Dustin said crossing his arms.

Lilly was spotting around the room.'Best is for Dustin and Lucas to stay here at least.' Lilly said looking at the others.'You guys are being watched by the police..' Lilly said as she then locked eyes with Max.'Same goes for you Max.' she added. They all scoffed but they understood so they didn't complain.'Let's all freshen up a little first.' Nancy said.

'We look like we've been through hell.' To which Lilly plainly replied.'We kind of did Nance.' and the others let out a laugh.But they all listened to Nancy. Lilly had found a deodorant bottle and they all passed it around.Nancy was looking for a towel so she could help Steve clean himself up because he was looking like the real mess here.

the others had found cards and sat down at the table and started playing.'We try to be no longer than 30 minutes.' Lilly said while pulling her hair up in a high ponytail.'If we are longer than an hour you go Ell's old place.' Steve said. And the others nodded.'El's old place?' Lilly mouthed to Robin.Who raised her shoulders, she didn't know either.

They all stepped out of the RV and walked towards the store.When they all entered it was your typical red neck store.Normally Nancy wouldn't even set foot in a place like this. But she had to now. There were isles full of ammunition.Knives, things for surviving in the wild.It was your typical hunting store.'Why call it war zone when they just sell hunting supplies.' Lilly whisper talked to Robin.'Beats me.' Robin said.

They all spread out to find some stuff. Nancy walked away towards the guns. Erica took a cart and started gathering some warmth lamps.Steve disappeared in the isle with clothing.And Robin and Lilly were trying to find gasoline.When Steve came around the corner pulling up a leather jacket.Lilly whistled at him.'I'm gonna check on Nance.' She said as she walked past a guy and a girl. Which when she double checked was Vickie.

The girl Robin liked so much. But she was with a guy. Lilly saw Steve talking to Robin but she was already staring. When suddenly the guy kissed her.And Robin stood their silently.Steve his facial expression changed and he tried to talk to her. But she walked away fast. And Steve was behind her directly. In the corner of her eye Lilly saw something green.

but she then walked up to Nancy.Who was cocking a gun 'How much is this?' Nancy asked the man behind the counter.'120,99, but i'll throw in 20 round of buckshot for ya.' The man told Nancy.'We take it.' Lilly said as she took the gun from Nancy. Lilly stood on Nancy's left side. While Nancy was looking at some other guns. Lilly was admiring the gun Nancy had chosen.She had no idea it was this simple to buy a shotgun this easy. and even cheap.When she heard a voice next to her.

'Can i see this really pretty 357. please?' It was a voice she had heard a bit to much the last couple of days. She looked over to her side. But she wasn't the first one to notice him. In the other corners of her eyes she saw the others and she made a 'shoo' movement with her hand. letting the others know to go.'Lilly Harrington.' It suddenly sounded.

It was Jason holding the gun the guy behind the counter had just giving him.Lilly closed her eyes, she had still hope he might not see her. 'It's Johnson actually. I'm not married to Steve nor his dad.' Lilly said turning towards Jason.'Wouldn't expect to find you here.' Jason said while wiggling the gun between his fingers.'Yeah.. well.. after what i saw at the lake, I want to protect myself.' Lilly said looking to the ground. 'Yeah same.' Jason said looking at the gun.

Lilly took a step closer to Jason.'I'm really sorry... about Patrick.. and Chrissy of course..' Lilly said looking at him.She really was sorry she wanted him dead not the others.'How do you know his name?' Jason suddenly said.'Well those screams are not something you forget Jason.' Lilly said back to him looking him in the eye.

'Want my advice?' Jason asked her.Lilly looked up to him and nodded.'Shotguns are not good for much of anything past killing small birds.' Jason started he walked a little closer to Lilly.Who was holding the gun up to her chest now.'I mean, they got power, sure, but now much range.' He continued.'And that's just gonna force you into close-range combat, then someone can just grab that barrel like this..' Jason said as he took a grip on the shotgun Lilly was holding.Lilly moved with the gun and looked at his hand on the gun.She gulped. 'And redirect it.' He told her. Lilly started to feel uneasy. but she kept a straight face.

'Well i do like the short range. Then i can look him in the eye when I shoot him.' Lilly said looking back in Jason's eyes.Jason scoffed.'You really have a grudge don't you..' He said'You look a little nervous..' He then said looking at her trying to become the alpha of this conversation.'Like I said. I wanna protect myself, from him and the devil and weird shit that's going on oh and creeps.' She said grabbing the gun back but he hold on.

'Hey eh, is your brother with you here by any chance?' He then asked.'You mean Steve?' Lilly asked him with a frown.'Yeah.. I'm only asking because he's kind of close with that Henderson kid..' Jason said. 'And he's in hellfire right?'

'Hender.. Oh you mean Dustin?' Lilly asked.'Steve's not into all that kind of stuff he's more interested in putting his dick in some chick and start a family for gods sake.' Lilly said kinda avoiding the question.'Will you let go?' Lilly said as she pulled on the gun.But Jason hold on he was brewing on his next question.'Let fucking go.' Lilly then said and pulled the gun back out of his hand.

She looked directly in his eyes. Making him squint his just a little. But he let go of the gun and Lilly took it from him.'You said 20 rounds right?' she asked the guy behind the counter and he gave her the box.'Thanks for the advice.' Lilly said to him as she walked past him.

'And I'm still sorry about what happened, I really am..' She said as she walked off to the register.She walked out of the store with the gun and the box. The others had already paid and she walked towards the RV.

'She needs to be back in like 30 seconds or i'm going in.' she heard Steve say.'It's Lilly.' Robin said.'You haven't seen her against Jason in the cafeteria.' She heard Dustin say.'Yeah that man really got what he deserved.' Eddie told the others.'Okay that's it i'm going.' Steve said But before Steve could say anything Lilly threw the door open and stepped inside.'Well what are you waiting on Lets goooo.' Lilly said closing the door and giving Nancy the gun.'Yeah i'm going i'm going.' Steve said as he fastly gave her a hug and jumped behind the wheel. She walked over to the others wo were looking at the loot had gotten.' Lilly jumped into Eddie's lap as he was sitting on the ground. 'Heard you had a little fight with the 'basketball captain.'' Eddie said mocklingly.