Chapter 44: Dark..

Lilly felt horrible leaving Patrick like that. But he was in the water there was no way she could have gotten music there and what he even liked that fast. She drove Steve's car towards the place she and Eddie had told but she didn't see him anywhere. It was starting to get dark and she didn't know what to do.She didn't want to draw anymore attention to herself than she already could with the car. So she drove away with the car.

If she would park here and look for Eddie there might be a really big chance that the cops would find Steve's car and they would know she was here for Eddie. Lilly gulped and she felt her eyes feel teary. She didn't want to leave Eddie here alone, but she couldn't risk getting caught now.. Lilly took a deep breath and then stopped the car. She turned off the lights and stepped out.

With her bag in her hand she walked towards a big tree with a cove and she pushed her bag in the cove and checked if there was a walkie-talkie in it.She then took a stick and she wrote 'Mordor.' on the ground. Lilly felt the tears prickle in her eyes but she needed to get the car to a safe place. She then fastly stepped in the car and drove away.

Lilly was closest to Dustin's house. She parked her car in the driveway and took her skateboard out of the trunk.About to skate away, she had a brilliant idea. She walked back up on the drive way and ringed the doorbell. It fastly got answered by Dustin's mom. 'Hi.. What can I do for you?' She asked Lilly.'Ah I'm so sorry to ring this late. But i'm a friend of Dustin's...And he totally forgot one of his walkie-talkie's and a few batteries and he asked if I wanted to go pick them up..' She said with a soft smile. To which she slowly nodded. 'I'm Steve's new step sister Lilly.' she then introduced herself. 'As in Harrington?' Lilly nodded. 'Of course.. who else.' she said with a chuckle. The face of Dustin's mother changed in a second as she basicly pulled her in.

'Here this is Dusty's room' She said as she opened the door and Lilly walked in She rummaged around on his desk as she found another walkie-talkie, she also took a few batteries and took one of Dustin's backpacks.On the way out she saw a spare flashlight and took it.Lilly kindly said goodbye to Dustin's mom and she was off.

She took her skateboard instead of Steve's car and took off towards the woods again. It was starting to get real dark and she didn't saw anything.Lilly was actually happy she took the flashlight as she clicked it on and was off into the dark. It was a few miles down the road so it took her a while. Lilly had turned on the walkie-talkie so she could intercept if anyone actually said something. She was thinking back at everything what had happened at the Lake house and she felt terrible for shouting at Eddie like that.Finding him was her main priority now.

Lilly had underestimated this distance and it had started to get pitch dark. She didn't want to be seen by cars driving past for creeps or people who would just wanted to drive her home but she needed to get into the woods. After what felt like an eternity she saw the lake. Now to see if he actually found her walkie-talkie and the backpack she had left for him. It was pitch black now and of course with her great sense of her surroundings (not) she couldn't find the tree.

After searching for at least an hour she found something on the ground. It was probably her 'Mordor.' but it was wiped out. Lilly walked up to the tree and searched for the cove. And she was right the backpack was gone. Now she needed to look for Eddie. She then took a deep breath and took her walkie-talkie out of the backpack.Lilly pushed the button and it took a while before she could get herself to speak.'I'm.. looking for Mordor.Anyone know the way?' she asked.

She had put the volume down a bit so it wasn't hear through the woods.There was no answer. 'Where the fuck should I go.' She mumbled to herself.'Probably completely the opposite from the house.' Lilly thought as she started to go deeper into the woods.Lilly felt like she was walking for hours on end. She hadn't heard anything from the walkie-talkie and she felt more insecure by the moment.When she suddenly heard a sound on the walkie-talkie. But it fell silent again.

She walked for another few hours till she saw a few sun rays coming through.Lilly saw a few boulders on her left. It took her a while her feet hurt and her hands were sore from shifting her skateboard. But she reached the boulders.

She threw her skateboard on the ground and sat against the boulder.Lilly was opening her backpack and pulling out the walkie-talkie. But before she said anything again she felt herself slip.The tears were streaming down her face. She didn't mean too hurt Eddie's feelings. And now she didn't know where he was or if he was okay. She had walked miles and almost all the night to try to find him and not make herself suspicious.

Lilly was cold, her feet hurt, she felt horrible and she literally saw someone die.Her tears were starting to soak her shirt.And her nose was starting to fill up.Making her gasp for air and starting to sob. It was getting louder but she didn't care she was alone and no one could hear her.

'FUCK' She just tried to scream.But her voice died down because of her throat. Then she heard something rustle next to her and she jumped up and wiped the tears from her eyes.

'Who the fuck is there.' she said her voice was low.Eddie came forward from behind the boulders.Lilly let the flashlight fall and her lip started to tremble.Her soft sobbing started to become real sobbing.

'Fuck me..' She brought out as she just stood there. Eddie was looking at her and when she started to sob he looked at her for a secondBefore walking up to her putting his arms around her neck and pulling her into his embrace. He was even colder than her.

'I'm so sorry..' She brought out.                                                                                                                                         'For what?' He said pulling her face up to his.                                                                                                           'If it wasn't for you I would not be here right now. Thankyou Lilith.' He said before kissing her forehead.