Chapter 31: I ran away

Lilly stood in the door.'What the fuck.' she yelled making Eddie turn to her but with Steve and the bottle on his neck.Eddie was looking at the girl he wanted to see all day. To talk to about all of this.

She was a mess, wearing a black small overall dress with his shirt underneath it. Her hair in a messy bun and her eyeliner was all over her eyes. 'Let him fucking go Eddie.' Lilly didn't suggest she ordered she walked inside the boathouse.Till she got stopped by Dustin.

'Eddie.we're not mad, let Steve go please.' Dustin tried again.'Lilly's not mad either okay?' Dustin said as he looked up to Lilly with a side-eye. And she lifted her hands in the air. 'What are you doing here?' Eddie asked still not lowering the bottle from Steve's neck.'We're looking for you.' Dustin answered.

Lilly cut him off. 'This is ridiculous. Let that fucking bottle go, you know Dustin and I won't do shit. You also know that I would fucking end Steve if he did something to you.' Lilly said pushing Dustin's arm away from her.

Eddie didn't lower his bottle as she stood before Steve and Eddie behind him.'Eddie i've been worried sick about you, especially after that fucking talk we had yesterday..' Lilly said a frog getting in her throat. 'And then you never came last night and I thought you stood me up, so I went to the trailer park and I saw it was your trailer and you were gone and your van was gone.. And I couldn't get to your uncle because he hasn't met me yet and he was all over the journalists and I searched everywhere for you...' Lilly said as she looked up to Eddie tears streaming down her face.

'And then Chrissy...' She said almost sobbing.'Steve wouldn't let me go alone to this place now so we all came so please lower the bottle.' Lilly said with a croaked voice. She lifted her hand to the bottle but instead of making him let go off the bottle she laid her hand on his. 'Please let Steve go...' Lilly said softly

To which Eddie who had also gotten teary eyed let go of Steve and then off the bottle picking up Lilly in a tight hug burying his face in her neck.She could feel him shiver and tremble. Lilly felt he was slowly sacking down to his feet. And she moved with him he slowly let go of her as he was focusing on her hand brushing over it with his fingers. She sat down next to him.

'We just want to talk..' Dustin said as he came closer kneeling down in front of Eddie. 'We wanna know what happened...' Robin said softly also kneeling besides them. 'You won't believe me..' Eddie said a sniffle could be heard for the good listener.

'Try us..' Max said suddenly the flashligt still in her hand.they all sat down with Eddie a bit more comfortable. He wouldn't let Lilly go even when she wanted to get him something to eat. 'I'm so sorry Lilly..' He kept saying to her.

Lilly knew he was serious because he rather used her full name than her usual nickname. She sat down next to him and had his hand in her lap softly stroking it with her thumb. 'It was Chrissy...' Eddie started.'Lilly had found Chrissy and talked to her.She had problems with anxiety and after a few weeks she asked Lilly about buying weed from me..So she came by after school yesterday and she didn't really want weed.. she was asking for something even stronger..' Eddie said while looking down at Lilly's hands who were still holding his left hand.

'So we agreed she came by after the game to pick up some things for the basketball game and well for herself.' When i found the well eh drugs..I came back to the living room and... ' Eddie stopped and took a deep breath. 'Her body.. just... like.. lifted up in the air.. And.. uh.. And she just like hung there.. ' He got out he was staring in front off him not wanting to picture it again.'And her bones... uh.. she..' He whimpered when he only thought about it.Lilly scooted a little closer to him still holding his hand. 'Her bones started to snap..' Eddie got out.

Everyone was looking at him in utter shock. They were all listening carefully. 'her eyes man.. It was like there was something..like inside her head, pulling... her eyes back.' Eddie's voice was cracking. 'I didn't know what to do, so... I.. ' Eddie was silent for a second looking at Lilly.

'So i ran away..' He continued.'I couldn't go to you Lil.What if the cops came and they dragged you with me..' Eddie said looking at her guilty. 'Its okay Eddie..' Lilly said stroking his hair behind his ear. 'I left her there man..' Eddie said a tear running down her face. 'I left her fucking alone in there...' He was clearly upset with his own reasoning. Then he scoffed because no one really commented on him.

'You all think i'm crazy right?' Eddie said as he pulled his arm away from Lilly trying to get a tough act up.

'No..' Dustin said. 

'We don't think you're crazy'

'Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this fucking sounds.' Eddie interrupted him and put his fingers to his forehead.                                                                                                                                                         'we're not bullshitting you.' Max said.                                                                                                                   'We believe you.' Robin added. 

Eddie was looking at Lilly who had tears streaming down her face but she wasn't sobbing she was sad about Chrissy and she was even more sad about Eddie because what the fuck was happening. 

'Look. What i'm about to tell you might be a little difficult to take.' Dustin explained.                              'Lilly herself only knows about it from those two..' Dustin added pointing backwards to Robin and Steve.

'Uh....' Steve and Robin both said scratching the back of their heads.                                                            To which Dustin turned around.                                                                                                                                       'You never told her??' he said an eyebrow raised at them.                                                                                  'Told me what?' Lilly said as confused as ever.