Chapter 39: Letters.

Lilly shot up the next morning. It was still the dark and Eddie was softly snoring on top of her. she stroked a hair out of his face.Before softly waking him up.'Ed...' Lilly whispered softly. 'Hmmmmm.' He mumbled before turning his head into her chest.'For fucks sake you.' Lilly said with a smile.'I need to go the suns shining through and I don't want Steve to miss his car.' Lilly said as she lifted his head up.Eddie was trying to open his eyes.

And when he saw the smile of the strawberry blonde he shot up.'Oh shit yeah of course.' He said as she sat up straight strechting himself out. 'Here.' Lilly said as she took a flat pack of ciggarettes. She threw it at Eddie's face.His eyes turned even bigger.'Oh my god you really are trying to be Mrs Munson aren't you?' He said as he directly lit up a cigarette.He hadn't had one in days. Lilly stood up and cracked her back from sleeping on the mattress.

She cupped the curly haired man's cheeks and breathed in the smoke he was exhaling. And she blew it back in his face. 'Maybe, maybe not.I need to go now.' Lilly said pecking his lips before dissapearing from the attic and putting the stairs back.

She fastly got to the car and then looked back to the house and the small attic window. Not even sure if he was looking but she flipped both her middle fingers up and sticked out her tongue before stepping in Steve's car.She drove to the store getting a few breakfast supplies. So it looked like she went to get something for the Wheeler's.She opened the back door seeing a few of the family already sitting at the table.

'Morning.' She said with a soft smile.'God even more?' Mr Wheeler said as he lifted his newspaper back up.'I'm sorry Mr Wheeler..' Lilly said as she walked over to Mrs Wheeler and gave her the bag with oatmeal and milk.'I thought that this was the least we could do for you letting us stay here.' Lilly said nicely 'Oh you shouldn't have Honey that's so nice!' Karen Wheeler said as she greatfully took the bag and putted the milk cold and the oatmeal in the cabinet.

She then maked her way downstairsNancy and Robin were walking downstairs too and she could happily join the both of them walking down.Lilly was last but when Steve saw Lilly. His eyes turned big and stern.To which Lilly threw him the keys with a wink.'No damage it's fine.' Lilly mouthed.

'Okay so..' Robin sighed.'We have a plan.' Nancy finished.'Thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame.' Robin explained.While handing over the files in her hand.'I'm now Ruth.' Nancy said. 'And i'm Rose.' Robin added.

'Ruth?' Steve said with his eyebrow raised at Nancy.To which she nodded.'Nice GPA' Dustin said to Nancy.Who smirked proudly'Thanks.' She said.'So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics - ' Nancy explained 'To which they said no.' Robin answered their question.'But.. We landed a three o'clock with the director.' Nancy added.'Now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor.' Robin filled her in.'and then maybe we can rid Max of this curse.' Nancy finished.

'Yeah..eh about that.' Steve said.'We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and, uh... ' Steve said and after that he took a big sigh.'... We got some .. questions...' 'Lot's of questions.. ' Lucas added.'So de we.. Hopefully, Victor has answers.' Nancy answered.

'Wait.. wait.. Wait a second.. uh.. ' Steve said as he was looking through the files.'Where's mine.' Steve said while holding two files.To which Nancy tried to think of a nice answer to his question.The three of them went upstairs. And Lilly stayed put 'I prefer to stay here.' she told the three teens. Max was still writing so she sat down next to Dustin and Lucas who were talking about lots of stuff.

'How's Eddie?' Dustin asked when Lilly had settled.'Got him some shower stuff he smells like peach now.' Lilly answered smirking at the teens. Dustin bit on his lip trying to hold his smirk.'And got to be company he's been alone if we're not there so he really needed someone to talk too.' Lilly said as she saw Steve coming down.His face a bit grumpy but he sat down between Dustin and Lucas. 'Are they going without you? ' Lilly said with a fake pout on her lips. to which he rolled his eyes.

'Are you going to tell why you took off in the middle of the night?' He said as he took a beanball and started throwing it up.'I went to get some breakfast supplies for Mrs Wheeler because we could stay here. Is that so weird Steven?' Lilly said as she looked him dead in the eye.'You're full of shit Elizabeth.' Steve said using her full name too.'We both know where you were..' She wanted to get in again but then Max shoved her chair backwards. And they all went silent.

'How do you think your eyes boring into the back of my head is going to protect me from Vecna.' Max said as she turned around. Lucas fastly took a book and Dustin took the comic and Steve started throwing up the bean ball even further. Lilly rolled her eyes and looked at Max who came closer.Max stood in front of them and they were still not looking at her.'You can look at me now.' She said looking at them with her eyebrow raised.'Thank you. Sorry.' They all said.

She then reached towards them giving them an envelope.Max gave Dustin one. then Lucas, and she even gave Steve one to his suprise he gratefully took it. And to Lilly's suprise she turned around and gave her one too.'And give these to Mike, El and Will.' She gave Lucas the other three letters.'If you can ever get a hold of them again.' she added. Steve opened his envelope.

'Ho hey what are you doing? No, don't. That's not for now. Don't open it now.' Max said'Oh okay.' Dustin replied and Steve took his hands of his. 'I'm sorry. What is this?' Dustin then asked.'It's umm.. It's a fail safe..' Max uttered.'for after..' Lilly stood up and put her hand on Max her shoulder.'For if.. if things don't work out..' She then fastly said.

'wait, whoa.Max.. Things are going to work out.' Lucas told her.'No.' She fastly shut Lucas down.'No, i don't need you to reasure me ant tell me it's all gonna work out.Cause people have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true.Actually, it's never true.I mean of course this asshole curses me.should have seen that one coming.' Max was spewing all her thoughts.And Lilly couldn't help but bite her lip.She felt horrible for Max.Lilly didn't know half the story but Dustin told me it was bad. they all looked at Max for a second.

She then turned around and walk over to the table where Dustin's walkie-talkie was.and she picked it up.'If we go to East Hawkins, will this reach Pennhurst?' Max asked.To which Dustin nodded.'Of course. Yeah' Dustin nodded to her.'wait.. Wait why are we talking about East Hawkins?' Steve said.Max was looking at Steve.

'No. No.. NO!' Steve said.'This is always when i'm the one in charge it's a negative.' Steve said crossing his arms.But Max was already out of the house in a matter of a minute.with her bag and her jacket.

'Max, Max. Seriously.' Steve said as he ran after her.'Seriously i'm not joking i'm not driving you anywhere.' 'Steve if you think i'm going to spend what is likely the last day of my life in the armpit that is Mike Wheeler's basement, then you're out of your mind.' Max said turning around to Steve.Lilly, Lucas and Dustin were following put listening to what there was being said.

'so either take me where i need to go, or you have to tie me down, which is technically kidnapping of a minor.' Max said to Steve while standing in front of his car.'And if I live to see another day, Steve, I swear to God, I will prsecute.' Max said. To which Lilly let out a whistle.'Steve, if you're not driving i'm driving.' Lilly said to Steve with her arms crossed.'Fucking fine.' Steve then said and told them to step in the car.'Henderson, that super walkie of yours better reach Pennhurst.' Steve said as they all stepped back into the car.