ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

When Julien finally drove into the street, Madelyn could already see Max standing in front of the building. He was dressed quite neatly, wearing dark blue jeans and a white button-up shirt. His white sneakers made the look more casual, and in his hands, he was holding a small bouquet.

"You sure picked quite the romantic," Julien said after he saw Max standing as well. Madelyn chuckled at his comment. The French taxi driver stopped his car right in front of Max, giving the Formula 1 driver the chance to open the door for his guest. He took Madelyn's hand as he helped her out of the car and handed her the flowers as she stood in front of him.

"Hey," Max smiled weakly as he gave her a quick hug, not wanting to kiss her in front of the taxi driver's eyes. To Madelyn, Max looked a bit nervous. Was it because someone was watching or was there another reason for him acting like this? She didn't have long to dwell on it when she is brought out of her thoughts by Max walking away from her toward the trunk of the car. He helped Julien lift Madelyn's suitcase out of the car and thanked him for safely bringing Madelyn afterward. Julien waved the couple goodbye before he drove away.

Max turned his head to Madelyn, showing her his smile. He gently pressed his lips against her cheeks, his small facial hairs tickling against her skin. "Did you have a good trip?" He asked her as he reached for the handle of her suitcase. With his other hand, he held hers, and they walked inside the building toward the elevator.

"Yeah, everything was good," Madelyn answered. They waited for the elevator doors to open before stepping into the cabin. Max pressed the button for the right floor, and the doors closed again, giving them the privacy Max had been waiting for for a few minutes. He set Madelyn's suitcase aside for a moment and stepped toward her. Since she was a little dull from her flight, she was a tad surprised when she suddenly found herself standing between Max and the wall of the elevator. Max saw the startle in her eyes and started chuckling.

"Hi," he smiled, causing Madelyn to giggle as well. "Hey," she replied as she laid her arms over his shoulders. Not much later, she felt Max's lips firmly pressed against her own. She smiled at his welcoming kiss and pulled him closer to her after having missed his touch for multiple days.

After they separated, Max let his forehead rest on Madelyn's and looked into her big hazel brown eyes. He opened his mouth to tell her something but got interrupted by the elevator doors opening. A little confused, Max looked at the doors. Damn, that kiss must have lasted longer than he thought it had or the elevator was moving quicker than usual. Madelyn, in the meantime, grabbed her suitcase and walked out of the small cabin. She looked at him from the hallway.

"Are you coming or not?" She giggled after she saw his confused face. Her talking startled Max out of his thoughts, and he led the way through the halls to his apartment. He wanted to open the front door with the key already in his hand, but stopped midway and turned around to her.

"I've got a surprise," he said, a little mysteriously.

Madelyn frowned her eyebrows at him.

"And I need you to close your eyes for me. Please." Max added the 'please' to his request as he saw Madelyn's facial expressions change.

Madelyn looked at him for a while with a doubtful look on her face but gave in to his request after seeing his pouting face. She normally hated these kinds of surprises where she had to close her eyes because she liked to see what was coming to her. But who could say no to Max's ice blue eyes twinkling and his full lips pouting at you? Exactly, no one could. So she did what he asked and shut her eyelids.

She could hear him unlocking the door, and not much later she felt his hands grabbing hers. He led her into the apartment and stopped her in what felt for her like the middle of the hallway. "Wait here," he said, and she could hear him bring her suitcase inside.